Pink Nightmare - Christmas Story

With shipping a disaster and currently even worse in my province after some substantial flooding the kids and I decided to make our own Ralphie Standee for our A Christmas Story porch. I will wrap our porch posts in the fra gee lay box :joy: mom will sit and admire ralphie in his suit and we will fill under the tree with props like the movie. I cut him out on the glowforge and my kiddos painted him last night was so fast and simple :tada:

There is of course also a leg lamp in our front window :rofl:

37 Likes

Amazing! Is it fragile?? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I want to see the leg lamp also!!!

4 Likes

I made a support for the back and cut it from wood so it’s surprisingly stable but light weight enough to not require heavy mounting.

4 Likes

I didn’t make the leg lamp :joy:

15 Likes

If you’re ever in Cleveland you can go to the mall where the Santa scene was filmed. It’s trippy, it’s now a converted hotel and food court.

7 Likes

That was the first thing my kids made when we got our first 3D printer.

Mom was not amused and although it went into the attic with the rest of the decorations. For some reason it’s never emerged again :wink:

8 Likes

What?!! That’s amazing! My hubby has promised me a trip to Cleveland just to stay at the house :rofl: I have always been a mega fan of the movie it’s without question my favourite Christmas movie.

3 Likes

That is amazing and hilarious :joy: I am that weird woman with a ralphie tattoo :rofl: the movie is part of some of my favourite memories growing up it was a tradition in my house ever year my parents and us kids watched it and now my kids suffer the same fate :joy:

4 Likes

You can’t just say “Ralphie tattoo” and not share it!!!
The leg lamp is awesome! I need to laser one. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Love that lamp! Oh Fuuuuudge! When those tire bolts go flying I can’t stop the laughter! My wife almost didnt let me get a GF for fear I would shoot my eye out!

6 Likes

:joy: so many good scenes. I was convinced I would shoot my own eye out with a glowforge :rofl: I was so nervous at first lol

3 Likes

Surprisingly, that is one movie we’ve never watched. Not sure why. I think the kid irritated me or something. May have to watch it this year.

1 Like

This is so friggin awesome. :rofl:

1 Like

Classic. Absolutely classic.

1 Like

Ohmygosh, this is epic! You really nailed Ralphie. Don’t forget the decoder ring and the frozen lamp post!

1 Like

You can modify my design for the secret decoder ring! Hehe

1 Like