Pins for St. Patty's Day

My Dad was adopted, and despite his flaming red beard, the fair skin, freckles, and blue eyes that all his kids have, we didn’t know until recently that both his biological parents were Irish. This gave our family new enthusiasm for the Holiday.

My kids wanted to gently wade into their first public product for sale with some buttons to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

They ordered the hardware, assembled the pins, and created a “street team” to start selling them around their respective schools. They learned a lot from this test run.

Here is how they turned out.

30 Likes

Looks good! (You know, if they were green, they might sell like hot cakes to avoid all the pinching.) :grinning:

6 Likes

@Jules I couldn’t agree more. We definitely discussed color as a learning point for their next product. It was fun having a “product review” meeting with my kids. My 16 yr old is turning into a pretty good mtg moderator!

3 Likes

What a fun family project! Sound like a mini Junior Achievements team!

3 Likes

Fun to let them create their ideas! Can’t even imagine having access to something like this when growing up.

3 Likes

Next year… green acrylic!

2 Likes

We have a rule in our house where the kids have to start a business before leaving High School. It has been awesome. I consider it a “letter” in entrepreneurship. :+1:

5 Likes

Exactly! :+1:

1 Like

so true! It definitely opens options I couldn’t have imagined as a kid.

1 Like