Pipe (puppy) House

I had a situation that I was sure would end up with a fairy door, but when I mentioned that I got surrounded by people saying ‘wut’.

Some outside garden faucet piping was being weed whacked a lot so I suggested putting a stone surround to keep the weed whacker at bay. Looked like it would work and I mentioned a small cover would be ideal, to hide the ugly pipe, at which point I was volunteered for same. Once put together it screamed for a fairy door (wut), but the vote was clearly for a Pom instead. So here we are.

White cedar will avoid the bugs and rot, plus a square of insulation can be stuck into it for winter if freezing becomes a concern
Wood grain plastic was from a name tag thing years ago that was abandoned, and this was a better use for that plastic anyway.
Pom is home made two color etching. Clear plastic painted black on front and white on back. Worked great.
Some UV rated sealer and color this puppy house done.

28 Likes

Fairies can look like Poms. Nice practical cut.

10 Likes

This is so cute! What a great way to aesthetically solve an everyday problem.

12 Likes

That turned out so cute!

8 Likes

Love it! And talk about a miniature pom! I’d heard of lots of mini dogs, but I always thought poms were mini anyway! This one is truly a mini! :rofl:

10 Likes

This project is bigger than it looks.
The Pom 7.5 x 5 inches, so is larger than life.

7 Likes

This is a day brightner! It’s adorable!

6 Likes

Beware of what you wish for, for you shall get it.

I don’t have the “clean gene”, but I sure admire people who do. More so when the small or unseen details are treated with as much skill as the public details. Nice work; I would count it a well-lived day if I came around a corner and saw this.

10 Likes

What a marvelous idea! And I think it would look awesome with a more conventional fairy door as well.

7 Likes