Pirates of the Caribbean-themed German candle pyramid

We went through several…

1 Like

Amazeballz! I know I won’t, but I kinda want to make a bunch of versions of this! So good!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Wow!!!

1 Like

The wife already wants a Haunted Mansion Ballroom Dancing Ghosts one.

8 Likes

Do it! Do it!

Put a huge smile on my face - so I am sure she absolutely loved it…what a thoughtful gift!

Nicely done!
Here’s my question: I actually have one of these from Germany. Unfortunately the center pole got ever so slightly bent and as a result the center will not spin under candle-power. So, that said, what did you do to balance the center unit and prevent the friction which would otherwise halt it?
I need to make one of these that works…
Thanks!

Free build plans by any chance?

I cobbled together the center spindle from a bunch of bits… a hollow metal tube that wasn’t tall enough, a wooden dowel that was too thin so I wrapped tape around it, the pointy bit from a drawing compass… stuff like that. However, in my research, I found a place online that sells all the parts. Here’s the page with the rods. https://www.christkindl-markt.com/parts/?sort=alphaasc&page=16

1 Like

The plans are a janky mess but I’m gonna slap some shine on 'em and make them easier to understand. If you don’t mind signing a “I won’t use this to make commercial versions of this and make a gabillion dollars”, you can have a copy.

That’s built in to the Free Designs section here, actually:

By using a creative work posted by another forum member, you agree not to share that work or your modifications outside this forum, or to use the work or your modifications for any commercial purposes. You also agree that you will share physical objects made from these works with others only as long as there is no direct or indirect compensation, financial or otherwise, in exchange.

Oh, who knew? (Well, you, obviously.)

1 Like

Sounds good to me! :+1:t4:

1 Like

My secret is ankle surgery. I was so bored before I could get upright again that I ended up reading pretty much EVERYTHING. :wink:

2 Likes

@hulksta18 Just a very gentle reminder that we don’t ask for files here as it can put the designer in an awkward position. It’s just expected that someone will offer if the plans if the want to share them. I completely understand wanting to ask for these though as it’s an amazing project and incredibly gracious of @kiwistudios to offer them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just have a broken Glowforge and am there already

3 Likes

That is awesome!!! My favorite ride at the park… ! Except didn’t some PC lady complain a few years ago and they had to stop the pirates from chasing women? Instead they put plates of food in the womans arms…:roll_eyes:

…sometimes I wish they’d just stop the world and let me off…

1 Like

This is a friendly reminder that our forum guidelines ask people not to request others’ design work for free.

3 Likes

Is it against the forum guidelines to ask to see this living room? :slight_smile:

1 Like