Plant Cover

I’ve got a Meyer lemon tree in Indiana, so it’s in a pot I can bring indoors when it gets cold - but lemons also don’t like getting constantly watered…and it rains year round here, so I made it a poncho :slight_smile:

The ring around the center means that if water lands on the lids it doesn’t roll inside, and while some water might make it through the connection lines, it’s not enough to stress over.

Another #PracticalCut to add to the pile :slight_smile:

43 Likes

I LOVE it! Wait a minute…is that curved? How did you do that?

11 Likes

If you took ~3-5 degrees out of the 360 the water might run to the outside anyway

8 Likes

Not curved, just an optical illusion

It’s a nice thought, but with thick acrylic it would just mean I couldn’t get it to lock! With cardboard that worked, but that’s because it has flex :slight_smile:

Now that it fits together I could probably hit it with a heat gun and curve down the outside edges…but it’s working as is so likely not.

13 Likes

This is beyond fantastic. You should market a smaller version to Bonsai tree arborists. Those little trees thrive on the outside but too much rain is the death of them.

7 Likes

I love that interlocking cut! Looks almost like the top to our honey extractor. So should I ever break that, you’ve shown I can make a replacement! Great job!

8 Likes

Awesome—love it!

7 Likes

I didn’t even kerf correct, and it’s solid.

6 Likes

Nice way to protect your lemon tree!

7 Likes

It looks good, as well as practical.

5 Likes