Plaque made for a Twitch streamer! Pokemon theme

So one of my recent streamer friends asked me to make her a plaque that she could use for a contest she’s having that’s pokemon themed.
I set out designing something to her original requests and after some time and a few redesigns she was happy with what I had and I got to cutting, glueing, staining and using paint pens.

I was able to find a knockoff font almost identical to the official pokemon font on one of the sites I get licensed for commercial use fonts and images from.

And not pictured here (on the back) I have a working QR code to the streamers socials hub. All in all we are both very happy it came out as well as it did and I was happy to be able to make something a bit 3D using 1/4th Baltic birch and 1/8th left over PG basswood I got from the one Michaels that actually carries the gf products.

30 Likes

So glad it all worked out for you - and for your friend!

1 Like

Very nice!

Just curious who is your streamer friend? (Might be one I have watched, or should check out?)

1 Like

Her name is Maiya Danny, very random way I found her stream. The night before I was watching a friend and left the computer on when I fell asleep, I got passed around twitch from stream raid for the next 16 hours till I got on the computer again. I had no idea where I was but the stream absorbed me, and the rest is history :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice. But isn’t pikachoo yellow?

1 Like

When they do who’s that pokemon, they use a silhouette till the big reveal, so that’s why it’s blacked out with Creapy eyes cut out

1 Like

Ah so ka! (That’s Japanese for I get it :joy::rofl:)

1 Like

It’s slang but yeah I gotcha :wink: (ohayo gozaimasu! Ogenki Desi ka?)

1 Like

Genki desu yo! Anata wa?

Hai, genki desu, watashi no namae wa Chiyaruzu

1 Like

When I was working over there, I told them they could call me Dan, Daniel or Danny. The girl sitting at the desk next to me said that Danny wouldn’t be good because it means some kind of mite in Japanese.

2 Likes

I only took a bit of japanese in highschool, and admittedly forgotten a lot of it, but would love to go some day

1 Like

Great place. No car or Japanese needed. There was this one gyoza us managers would go to on occasion at lunch time. OMG!!! So awesome! And each was so large a normal order was like 6 gyoza, so I always ordered ITENGO which was 1 1/2 servings. It was so good I took 3 inside sales girls (secretary so to speak, but not tea ladies) to lunch since they never went with us. You should have seen their faces on the first bite. One said it was the best she ever had. I miss that place.

1 Like