Plate Holder Shelf

I needed a plate holder that would increase our capacity from 12, and everything I found online was…fine.

So I made one :slight_smile: If the design is of use to anyone else I’m happy to share.

My cabinets are 16.25x10.5 and it fills it entirely (with just enough wiggle room to get it in), and allows for 16 plates!

As requested:
Plate Shelf_V11

The legs are off to the side of the image - and I strongly recommend that you measure so they go in quite tightly, and bottom out right up against the solid beam so glue catches everything :slight_smile:

There’s a little test piece off screen to the right on that that’ll allow you to verify it’ll work in your 1/4" wood :slight_smile:

40 Likes

I just love these practical projects—my favorite kind!

8 Likes

This is great! In retrospect I should’ve done something similar with the cutting boards. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love it! I’ll have to measure my cabinets but I’m definitely interested. I eat a lot of Lean Cuisine frozen dinners because my fat restriction is so severe I can hardly cook anything that fits my diet, and they work best on the small plates, so we have big and small plates and saucers- takes up tons of room!

10 Likes

This is very cool…I love that you made that.

9 Likes

Awesome practical cut!

7 Likes

Wow, that’s a great build. The modest things that make your life better rarely get the praise they deserve. Thanks for sharing; I’m going to go check my cabinets…

6 Likes

I love the practical projects! Great thinking!

4 Likes

I love it!!

4 Likes

Added to the original post :slight_smile:

2 Likes