Playing card box for hard core canasta players

I was at a card party a couple of months ago where we played Hand and Foot Canasta. They brought out the cards in a plastic grocery sack. Of course, the wheels in my brain started turning in an AHA moment. This is the result after pondering the last few months on what I would put on the box. And, I wanted to get it done before the next card party as a host and hostess gift.

35 Likes

Beautiful! Any pics of the inside?

It’s empty. I didn’t put any dividers inside. The box was purchased. I just engraved the cover and personalized it.

2 Likes

Turned out nicely. Looks big, what are the dimensions?

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a heck of an engraving job! It really came out nice.

2 Likes

I imagine they will be totally blown away by this! Especially since it’s personalized!

1 Like

The dimensions are 11.75 x 7.75 x 4.75. Plenty of room for several decks of cards, paper, pens, and dice. One thing I realized is that when you do an engrave like this, you don’t need masking paper. After engraving, Just take a nail brush to the dark areas while holding it under running water. The wood will dry. Then instead of a dark burnt look, you see the pattern pop out. All the black rinsed away. It still would have looked nice darker too but I like it much better without it lol oh and I used maple stain and gloss varnish.

1 Like

2 Likes

That is a very nice engrave! That’s a great gift!

1 Like

This is a great gift

1 Like

Very well done and thoughtful!

1 Like