Playing with the LED Base

Just playing around and came up with a little arts and crafts inspired piece. PG med Walnut and PG med Acrylic. Gonna play with it a bit more. Pro tip if you block the light from escaping from the top of the acrylic it actual glows brighter. Happy accidental find. Happy Friday all!

36 Likes

I love it. Great idea to block the edges of the acrylic. :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks. I was like “ok that makes sense, why didn’t i think about that before” lol

3 Likes

You just took it to the next level, I wish I could think of the cool stuff you do.

2 Likes

Wow! What base is that, did you get it on Amazon? And is the snowflake just engraved? It looks so 3D, just really a great piece.

3 Likes

It’s been a long time since I actually produced anything new. I already see the problems with the piece and want to change them. Lol

2 Likes

Thank you! I actually am not sure of the base, someone gave it to me. I will find out. The snowflake is 2 of the 3 layers and the 3rd layer is a snow background.

1 Like

Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JCSM7NR/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_176SDbKA2984E

2 Likes

Thanks! And the slot is sized to fit 1/8 inch acrylic? Or did you have to add something to stabilize it?

1 Like

I wonder if a little foil tape between the acrylic and wood would be even better – it should reflect the light better.

1 Like

I see a piece of jewelry I made decades ago and I want to destroy it. :no_mouth:
The tip about blocking the edge is interesting.

3 Likes

It’s a sickness. Lol

1 Like

I was thinking about that earlier! Great minds!

It’s a little lose. That is why I created the base.

It’s all about the base.
Pretty design!

4 Likes

Lmao!!! I just spit out my beer!

2 Likes

Wonderful design, and thanks for the tip about the edges!

2 Likes

Very nice work and thanks for the tip on blocking off the acrylic piece.

2 Likes

Looks great! You should engrave behind the SNOW letters too to get them to shine.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the edge lit sign to 11.
Happy Cake Day.

2 Likes