Playing with Washi Paper

Eye candy!!! Thank you for sharing those!

5 Likes

OMG! We put the 2nd from the right in our kitchen when we built our first house (in the 80s though). We had some in the basement too in the laundry. Wow that was ugly stuff :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice, nice. Yeah that looks fun!

5 Likes

Oh gosh. Now you are making me want to run out to my local Blick store. Those papers sre delicious.

Here’s a resource you may not have thought of: my local library (the city one, not the county) has a tech department that includes to-order large format printing. I recently submitted a print job for a 24” x 36” print. At the time of the submission the estimate was $5.00. Three days later I got the email to pick it up; the price had dropped to $3.00. When I went in to get it they only charged me $1.80. Obviously subsidized. High quality print, too.

15 Likes

I am so envious! Hm, I wonder if the local Makerspace has something like this.

3 Likes

I am thinking it might take a fabric printer to do soft kozo / mulberry paper.

I do have a pro-grade photo inkjet that will do 18” wide pieces (if the jets aren’t too badly clogged from not having used it in like a year) and, some kozo made for digital imaging. The ink is pretty $$$$ but, I might give it a shot at some point.

6 Likes

I’ve stuffed them through large format HPs and Canons - you just have to tape them to a larger sheet of stiffer paper first so the feed rollers can grab.

6 Likes

Wow! That’s incredible! Definitely worth checking around to see if we have anything similar.

2 Likes

Good to know!

4 Likes

Thankfully we have our own link hound @evansd2 :rofl: Thanks for the source.

4 Likes