Please delete - no longer relivent

Just make the image 10% narrower or add a flat copper plate to reflect around the corner :grin:

1 Like

If, for example, it was the bottom of a tray with 2” tall sides that you wanted to engrave, you’d still have issues because of the required distance from the lens to the material surface. Placing the tray at a z-axis position where the head or air scoop didn’t collide would leave the beam very out of focus by the time it reached the tray surface. Putting it in a position where it was in focus would result in the head or air scoop colliding with the tray sides. A longer focal length lens would alleviate that problem.

1 Like

Deleted

Deleted

5 Likes

LOL the music was a great choice!!!

what are you using for the lift system? I missed that some how.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

Ha! that is really cool.

the mrs and I ordered a lift coffee table that would convert into a table to eat at. never got delivered so we returned the so called matching end tables.

this is so cool. might have to build something just to use it.

not really ready to chop into BEAMER. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few years ago I bought a “folding” table that the feet can be at two heights. Low it is a coffee table, high an eating table. folds out to double the length it can be carried and has a handle. It was to be a display table to sell Glowforged stuff but covid turned it into a breakfast table.

Folded it is 4’ but opened up it is 8’

Deleted

1 Like

oh those tables are AWESOME.

I have one of those I use by the Blackstone Griddle. I noticed my oil/water bottles getting a tad warm sitting on the wing tables on the unit. LOL

1 Like

Deleted

5 Likes

Deleted

11 Likes

Now you just need a laser level red LED off to the side and spread to leave a horizontal line that will show where zero is when you have something thick on it :grin: and something to show when you are over a half-inch above that too

3 Likes

Deleted

4 Likes

I’ve been silently following your progress. I just wanted to say what a great project it is and thank you for taking the time to continue writing detailed post allowing us to come along for the ride.

6 Likes

Deleted

6 Likes

Deleted

2 Likes

Deleted

9 Likes

Much more impressive than what I had been thinking :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I have the wires under there own set of aluminum :wink:

2 Likes