Please tell me these are not our Glowforges

are snow tires much of a thing there? here they’re all but required.

What’s your definition of “required”? (Around here it’s a sorta darwin thing…)

2 Likes

I drive an AWD Subaru with all season tires and used to have a FWD Toyota company car with studded snow tires (in winter) here in New Hampshire. There were 1 or 2 days a year that I couldn’t get the Toyota up the driveway but that’s never been a problem with the Subarus. I did once wrap a Subaru around a tree during a blizzard but I also made it through dozens of blizzards with no problems.

3 Likes

AWD with studs for driving on ice is pretty great. Studs are not that great to drive on dry roads, your cornering suffers (sparky slide-outs!) , and you wear the studs down fast, not to mention the road-damage. They do all right in deeper snow, but I like big snow-rated deep-lug tires on a 4WD vehicle for deep snow. I have been running Goodyear Duratrac on my 4x4s for a few years now, before that I was on the BFG M/T2. When I had a subaru with studs, as long as the snow was below my bumper it was great. Once the snow was deep enough that the bumper started scooping up the hood and over the windshield, it was time to drive the truck, the jeep, or just stay inside.

Or take the tracked quad out. That worked good in the deep snow!

16 Likes

i say all but because it isn’t a legal thing but i’m pretty sure our insurance mandates it.

1 Like

We need video of the impending jump off of this ramp that you created. :smiley:

3 Likes

There with you - on all counts. I made a joke about “the Coq”
when we started to slip while getting our Christmas tree and it fell on deaf ears…

Nostalgic flashback:

7 Likes

I had one of those😢

Whoa! I remember those!

Ahh…videos of cars sliding on ice remind me of this:

Blues Brother 2000

Haha! It never gets old!

1 Like