Plinko Styled Game - with old styled looks

I am so excited about how this turned out. Made for a client to use at tradeshows, this is one of two. I would definitely change some things if I made it again, not much, but I do have ideas for some other versions I can sell. I like it most cause it looks like some old game you found in the attic. Size is about 31" tall, I wish I had the Glow Forge Pro, I just have the plus, it would have made it alot easier to do this. What do you think?

53 Likes

So much cool stuff going on here between all of the fitting together of components, living hinges, mixed material usage. Well executed!

11 Likes

Very cool stuff!

5 Likes

Thank you it was very fun trying to work out all the elements, to make this. Wood, Acrylic, trying to find balls that would fit the design. Was able to cut dowels in the glowforge, so I had perfect lengths. My first time using epoxy glue to glue the acrylic onto the wood. Alot of firsts.

5 Likes

Wow awesomeness

5 Likes

I agree, there’s a lot to love here! The elements all come together so nicely. The wood grain really pops, and your photography is great too.

3 Likes

Thanks, hard to believe they were taken with a cell phone lol

2 Likes

You are definitely an artist. We see a lot of things made on the GF, but stuff like this always reminds me that it’s not the tool alone that makes an amazing maker.

8 Likes

Very nice design.

3 Likes

I think it is wonderful. The brightly colored beads so they can be followed through the path are perfect. How many layers are there?

5 Likes

5 and the living hinge.

2 Likes

I love it! What a fun idea! Bet it’ll be a hit at the tradeshows!

4 Likes

Would make for a great way to decide which door prize people get.

Triggered some thought. I have a Pachinko machine I bought to refurbish way back in the 70’s. I got it workable (with all the noise) and then it got pushed to the back.
On the last move in 1980 it got revealed again and I make a frame to make it look like it belonged and played with it for awhile. Then it got buried again.
If it wasn’t for the wife’s hard stare (she is probably biased against the racket) as I asked if she knew which pile it was in, back room, attic, shack, I would probably be plinking it by now, just for old memories.

Regardless of the ill fate of mine, yours looks awesome. Thanks for the memory.

7 Likes

Quite the involved build. Your living hinge looks amazing, and the clear acrylic is perfect for this.

5 Likes