Poe inspired halloween decor

First year with my GF so of course I had to make some of my own Halloween decorations. Some parts got a little crispy and discolored. If I did it again, I’d have cut the leaves/flowers on different colored matieral. But all around, I’m happy with how they came out.

Also, I found the 12"x12" baltic birch plywood squares at Michael’s. I was pretty surpised to find plywood there.

(The text is from the poem Alone By Edgar Allen Poe)

58 Likes

Nice job on the staining. Ply like that sometimes turns out patchy and uneven, you got a nice rich solid walnut color.

4 Likes

You did Mr. Poe justice.

4 Likes

Did you create the artwork yourself?

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

Love those!!! Great job!

3 Likes

The skull, ribcage and foot I designed myself by taking Clipart of the bones and roses and peicing it together

The hand I purchased and edited the rose in because I didn’t like the original flower.

5 Likes

Thanks! I think I got lucky with these pieces of plywood. I stained back and front just see which side turned out looking best. The backs are not great haha

This is wonderful!

Nevermore

4 Likes

Wow, that is some serious Halloween decor. Very nice work.

1 Like

I just see it as “decor”…

Thinking of making something similar for my daughter.

4 Likes

For some reason I was expecting PoE Halloween decor lol.

1 Like

My sister and a few other members of my family would also just see it as regular decor! The colors pop just enough against that dark stain, especially for a “Halloween” themed setting. Really dig the overall setup there!

4 Likes

Great job! Suitably creepy and fancy all at the same time.

3 Likes