Pokemon Decorations/possible coasters!

I was board and wanted to play around with the score function to try and get a real sense of how it worked. So I went ahead and found some fimiler artwork that made me happy and cut all 4 of these on some spare 1/4th birch.

Working with these was a lot of fun because I also got to try out Gods gift to crafting: Paint pens! They are acrylic paint in a marker shape and they work phenomenally!!! 10/10 would recommend.

I’m not sure if they will be given as gifts or if they’ll end up in my kiddos room but I’m super stoked with how they came out! Score is a nice feature providing you have a good image for it.

Hope everyone has a great day

37 Likes

These look really great.

3 Likes

Wow you are good with the pens!!

4 Likes

You did ‘score’ with these…if you get my drift. They look great. I’ve been using paint pens for a long time and couldn’t agree with you more…they are wonderful.

6 Likes

@EddieC Thanks!

@rvogt Thanks! I’m usually paint challenged and my wife does 95% of it, but the paint pens are a whole new ballgame for me, so I’m stoked I can actually make some cool looking art from start to finish!

1 Like

@Xabbess Absolutely! They make stain pens too In case you weren’t aware. They also work pretty well (same concept as the paint pens) and they don’t streak the same way rub on stain does!

1 Like

I love the Squirtle! Excellent job!!

5 Likes

@bill.m.davis Just finished that one about 10 minutes before I posted this!

1 Like

Those are amazing!! Good tip about paint pens too, thank you!

2 Likes

Those are cool. Nice painting!

2 Likes

These are fabulous, especially love your painting! So sharp!

2 Likes

These are great! Yes, the paint pens are indispensable for small area painting.

3 Likes

Oooo, nice! If those are Posca pens, I agree, the quality is amazing. I got an off brand thinking they were all the same, and that definitely is not the case. Posca was miles ahead of other brands.

3 Likes

question for you…do you use the acrylic ones or the water based ones? I’m looking on Amazon and am interested in getting several colors in one package.

1 Like

@Xabbess here is the link we ordered, it does indeed look to be that brand mentioned. These are acrylic, we also picked up a few at our local craft store that were oil based. It all really depends on the look and saturation level you want.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WRVJCN9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

3 Likes

Yep! Those are the ones I like.

3 Likes

Great, thanks. I was seeing all of them, but wanted to know water versus acrylic.

2 Likes

Yes, those colors are popping
Nice job!

2 Likes

I used acrylic paint pens on one of my projects last year and just loved them too! I don’t paint much stuff, but those pens make is so easy even I can do it!

3 Likes