Poker Table - Multi-Layered

Well I created something totally out of my normal. My first piece with color. :slight_smile:

One of the activities that I like to enjoy while deployed is to play a few games of cards to pass the time. While I was waiting for my turn to come up, I got to thinking about making a poker table.

I originally had no plan in painting it but in order to make the colors really pop in the 3D effect, I started with the black ring and green table…then it all took off from there.

This customizable piece measures 18.5" wide and 9.5" in height. I’ve included the cards seen in the table, but will upload another file on my Etsy to just include cards if you with to further customize.

Chips are also fully customizable meaning you can cut and place them wherever you’d like.

Please let me know what you think as this will be my last post before I’m deployed overseas again.
See you all again soon.

39 Likes

This looks amazing

2 Likes

This is outstanding.

2 Likes

That’s abfab! and so portable :smiley:

2 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

Stellar design!!

2 Likes

Amazing!!

2 Likes

I’m not a card player, and I personally don’t know anyone who is, but love your design! And thank you for your service.

3 Likes

That’s a great design, congratulations. Will you be able to take it with you on deployment? By the time you get back, you’ll be an expert at shuffling the ‘cards’.

3 Likes

This is more of a showpiece rather than an actual table. We have a nice setup where I’m going. Thank you.

3 Likes

Love it! Thank you for your service.

2 Likes

Very striking, I like it both with and without the colour!

2 Likes

What fun! Great job on the project!

2 Likes

Did you paint the items - the board and chips, before engraving and cutting them?

I had tried painting first then engraving/cutting and it looked terrible. I didn’t mask it and all the smoke lines ruined the color.
So I tried the engraving first then spray painting and it looked great.

2 Likes

How did you protect the engraving from overspray?

I didn’t. The engraved part seemed to soak up some of the color being as dark as it was. I was surprised it turned out as well as it did.

I tested on a few scrap pieces before going full on.

1 Like

Looks great. Lucky.

1 Like

Wow :star_struck:!

2 Likes