Police Charity Plaque

My police department has a Chaplaincy program that serves the citizens of Stockton and PD employees in both spiritual and non-spiritual matters. They are non-sectarian, serving people of all faiths (and no faith) and this is their 20th year of service to the community. They are supported solely by donations and every year they have a large fundraising dinner. I made this for the auction and hope to raise them a few bucks.

I screwed up the reclaimed wood I was originally going to use for the plaque, but it worked out better in the end. In desperation, I went to Hobby Lobby looking for some “aged” wood and I found a perfect pre-made plaque for the project that didn’t look too commercial-y. Everything else was made/designed by me. The finished piece is roughly 10"x12".

Oh, I have a few gazillion test patches to give away now too. I really need not to obsess about getting things “just” right. :stuck_out_tongue: (I was a good learning tool for greyscale images and how different woods engrave.)

My one wish-list for this project; sizing/scaling built into the GUI. It really is a must for precision cutting and alignment.

http://supportstocktonpd.com/chaplaincy/

67 Likes

It’s absolutely beautiful; I’m sure they will be thrilled with it. Well done!

2 Likes

Looks fabulous! Great job!

2 Likes

That is simply outstanding! Love the relief map with the badge - it makes the design really pop! :grinning:

3 Likes

That is effing amazing!
WOW

2 Likes

Wow! This is fantastic!

2 Likes

Well that turned out all right.
I suppose the charity dinner will benefit from your artistry.
Probably a lot.
Probably that will garner some attention and multiple bids.
Depending on the event, I expect you might get bids on your test patches, as well… were I at your charity and unable to afford the big plaque, I would probably be thoroughly delighted with the chance to buy one of your “imperfect” patches - especially if my smaller purchase were to benefit the organization I support.

Trying to not echo my favorite adjectives, but stunning, fantastic, beautiful work.

6 Likes

This project turned out really well! You should be proud.

3 Likes

Very well done.

3 Likes

Really cool, and very thoughtful!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the love everyone. When one is so close to a project it can be hard to step back and appreciate the final product. It’s good to get a fresh perspective on it :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch cmreeder, I really hadn’t thought about offering the patches as I see them as just test runs, but I think I’ll take your advise and put them up as well. I delivered the plaque today and it was well received with folks asking if I had other items as well. I think the younger officers would appreciate smaller items to go for.

6 Likes

The CA outline came out really nice.

Looks fantastic - great job! Hope y’all raise lots of $$!

That’s beautiful! Also, Thanks for posting this as well as non-FUD information on the Laser Engraving and Cutting FB page. Cheers!

1 Like