Pooh nursery sign

HI Everyone! A friend of ours is having a baby soon, so I made her a Winnie the Pooh name sign to hang in their room. Picked up a 15" wooden circle with string hanger already attached from Michaels, engraved and cut the pieces on medium draftboard, Did my thing I do with the colors, and viola! Still need to seal it with a spray sealer, but it’s together enough I can share for inspiration!

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

60 Likes

It’s lovely, and I’m sure they’ll treasure it. So much more meaning when it’s made with love.

5 Likes

I totally agree with kittski above. The colors are great.

6 Likes

This is great. You nailed the colors as usual.

6 Likes

Great job! And since Pooh never goes out of style, since he’s never outgrown - this will be treasured for many, many years!

6 Likes

I love your Tigger, who looks more like a cub in your rendition. Beautiful work.

5 Likes

absolutely adorable, great job!!

5 Likes

Ohmygosh, your coloring is always so amazing. Totally looks like an animation cel.

5 Likes

A delightful gift! Excellent work … as always!!!

2 Likes

These turned out adorable! Pooh and gang are my favorite:-)

2 Likes

Yeah I was looking for all the baby pooh ones, and I’m sure they all would have ended up looking more like the baby pooh if the colors were lighter, but it’s hard to do with markers and too big I think to do colored pencil…quite difficult to cover bigger areas. And I’ve said many times already that paint and I are not on talking terms :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is so cute! How do you your “thing you do with colors”? Is it paint? It’s absolutely delightful!

2 Likes

Mostly Sharpies or other brand permanent markers, some plain ol’ crayola markers here and there, a little colored pencil for lighter colors like white. The fun part is trying to figure out which shades of which colors to layer and how many layers of each to do…you’d be surprised how many different colors and shades you can can get with the same handful of markers!

5 Likes

so awesome! i am just getting started and have a project i’d like to color but was skeptical as to what to use. in the past i tried acrylic markers, good but can be messy. definitely gonna try the sharpie approach! do you seal your work with clear coat or something?

2 Likes

I would recommend a spray sealer, especially if you end up using crayolas, do thin coats and probably laying flat. I found that brushing a sealer on reactivates some of the inks and they can smear. I haven’t tried coloring wood, all the stuff I do with color, the pieces are done on medium PG draftboard, it soaks up the ink, but will always change the color a little bit because of the brown color of the material, so keep your small scrap pieces for color testing. And some colors tend to ‘develop’ as it dries, light blues for example can appear grey at first, but then turns more blue as it dries. Patience and experimentation.

5 Likes

Who doesn’t love them some Pooh Bear??? Great job.

1 Like

Great design and gorgeous vibrant colours!

2 Likes

I wish I had your coloring skills. I’ve never been able to achieve that kind of detail.

I hope your friend will educate their baby in the time honored skills of Pooh sticks.

4 Likes

beautiful

2 Likes

So cute, and legal now! But I’m confused. You say medium draft board, but I see wood grain?

1 Like