Possible cheap venting solution on sale

Agree 100%. I used a large carbon filter in a warehouse (Maker Faire) and it significantly reduced the odor, and it dissipated in the large, ventilated building, but you really wouldn’t want to have your house smell like that.

My understanding is that the smells from laser cutting acrylic, wood and leather aren’t dangerous, just stinky. But stinky was enough for me to set up venting out a window, with a panel sealing the window so the stinky air doesn’t come back in.

1 Like

Yep! Now, all the above being said, one thing I plan to experiment with is recirculating filtration. Extremely simplistically put: repeatedly passing the filtered air back into the filter in an attempt at recapturing any passed odor-carrying particles into the charcoal on another go-around.

So I’ll probably wind up putting the filter into it’s own box with a secondary filter wall and pre-filter air intake before the cylinder:

I actually bought 2 of the filters so if I still get strong smells after trying with just the one, I will attach the second one.

1 Like