Postcards From Space

Just a quick reminder, the September 30 deadline for getting a postcard from space is fast approaching.

https://clubforfuture.org/

10 Likes

Thanks, @hansepe! these things are cool! My husband has a postcard confirming ham radio contact with the ISS - it has pride of place.

3 Likes

Cool.

The QSL Cards are one of the fun things about ham radios. I had a friend who had them from all over the world. Amazing how far they could talk on “skip”

1 Like

My husband organized an event with the Cornell ham radio club to link up to Ed Liu, a Cornell alum, when he was up there, many years ago now. Everyone was pretty excited, questions to the ready, etc.

3 Likes

At our old house we had a moon bounce antena on the roof - made the house look like it was about to take off - and he could use the moon to bounce off on (radio waves) to talk elsewhere in the world.

4 Likes

They haven’t got 10,000 cards yet?

1 Like

Beats me. This is very far disconnected from what I work on.

1 Like

Really cool concept–but would be awesome if the stamp could be post marked in space! (Maybe instead of a Space Force, we get the first Post Office in orbit!). Expect quite a few years before New Shepard actually goes up with a crew capsule, so would be awful if you moved and it’s too late for USPS forwarding to get it to your new address :frowning:

1 Like

Happy to stand corrected! Launch Party!! (I worked a brief time at Aerojet, so launch party took on a whole new meaning when stuff you work on & handle goes into space!).
Glad they named the capsule H.G. Wells, too!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.