Posting free Ukrainian files but they are not perfect but I had to share

I just noticed someone else just shared a Ukrainian file as well! Rock on! Great minds think alike.
I live in a house with my, husband and my 5 daughters, who are all Ukrainian. I am not Ukrainian. My in-laws were born in Ukraine. His family is very dedicated to the Ukrainian community. They are always making sure it’s a big part of our family as well! It’s so heartbreaking what is going on there.
So I have been working on two different files. The symbol cuts out weird. I don’t normally make files. It cuts one section twice. I’m not sure what I did wrong. But it works. The first was a Ukrainian symbol. They could be earrings, or a pendant, necklace, charm or anything you can think of. The second is the sunflower.
The reason behind the sunflower is…

MARCH 4, 2022 1:58 PM EST

As the Russian invasion of Ukraine has continued over the past week, displaying sunflowers has become one of the many ways the world is showing solidarity for the Ukrainian people. BY [OLIVIA B. WAXMAN ](https://time.com/author/olivia-b-waxman
Ukrainian symbol earring or necklace  01 Artboard 1 2

27 Likes

I wonder if the reason your design is cutting twice is because on the symbol, the two cutouts on the lower right (not the very bottom two), are a different color, so I can only assume that the cutouts are doubled right there - maybe either two cuts in the same place, or a score or engrave and a cut in the same place? They should be the same color as the rest of the design. If it’s all grouped together, you may want to ungroup it and drag those two spots over. If there’s another in the same place, just delete the two you moved, regroup your design, and you should be good to go. At least that’s what I would do. I’ve had a file I bought on Etsy do the same thing, and that’s what I did.

I think your designs are great, and thank you for the share. It’s truly heartbreaking what’s happening over there.

8 Likes

This is cleaner:

Ukrainian symbol

18 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m having problems to down load your patterns. I’ve in the past just clicked on the blue but it doesn’t go to pattern. if you can let me know that would be great

2 Likes

Right click what looks like a line drawing and then “save image as” an svg to your computer.

3 Likes

That helps a lot. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you…God bless!

2 Likes

That is a wonderful thought, thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Ordinarily sunflowers are one of my favorites and now I have even more reason to love them. I wish I could do more than I am doing to help the Ukraine, but unfortunately I can’t stop the Russian madman.

4 Likes