Potion Pins

I’ve had arcylic for over a year and hadn’t used it because I could never get the inside to look like other peoples who used arcylic paints… Enamel testors for miniatures apparently work well

54 Likes

These are great.

2 Likes

Very nice. Would you mind talking a bit about your process?

4 Likes

you keep the brown paper arcylic is sold with on, engrave, then use the Testor enamel paints and paint the crevices. When its dry you can peel the tape off and it’ll be a clean and black internal engrave.

5 Likes

Ah, the colors are the base acrylic colors then? You say wait until it’s dry… do you wait until the paint is fully dry or when it’s still curing?

2 Likes

Interesting pins.

I had some testers and used it for a few things, but have shifted to the acrylic pens for fine detail painting that things like earrings require.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z6KLLWT/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_487?psc=1&pd_rd_plhdr=t&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzSkNHTDZWTDg2VEU5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjg2MjgwMjBBUE8zR1hSVlREQiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDExNDY0MjRaUk01WlhXQUw5QyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNkX29uc2l0ZV9kZXNrdG9wJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

6 Likes

They look good. Must be getting close to Halloween. Time flies.

2 Likes

Brown paper acrylic…hmmm never heard of such a thing. Very nice work!

I’m a fan of your graphic style—it’s unique!

I’ve never tried the Testors—great idea. I have used Ranger patinas and they give a similar result.

1 Like

Wow, great painting!

These are great! I have been looking for something to “paint” acrylic with besides alcohol inks. thanks for the link. :grinning:

1 Like

And there’s a $4 off coupon right now