Pottstown, PA here...The eagle has landed

really happy to see that people are getting there glowforges makes me excited to get mine by end of AUG November.

1 Like

Maybe keep a couch cushion on the ground underneath it, that way you can just kick it along as you carry. :slight_smile:

Or add some extra tape reinforcement while itā€™s still in the carā€¦ or somethingā€¦ or whatever. :smiley:

1 Like

I am deeeelighted for you, Tom! When my PRU arrived, the fedex guy carried it into my living room for me (very kind of himā€¦ + gray hair pays off) and he carried it through my door nearly vertically. I, tongue in cheek, reminded him of the labels that said you werenā€™t supposed to tip it sideways. The look on his face said either he didnā€™t have a clue about thatā€¦or didnā€™t care. You will now experience the calm (finally having it in your possession) before the storm (creating stuff like a madman). :relaxed:

2 Likes

The kid or the Glowforge :laughing::smiling_imp:

4 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! The cushion! LOL. Man I love how we all find ambiguity in everything. ahahahaha!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, it barely fit in the minivan door horizontally. There no way to get it into a normal house, I think, without at least slightly tipping it to one side. I mean, I donā€™t plan on putting it completely on its side, but Iā€™ll have no choice but to tip it a bit to get it through my door.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Iā€™ve had my kids (they are 30 to 33 now) and can mess with other people and there kidsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I weigh 3 glowforges then?

7 Likes

Bahahah! and take my wedding ring off. LOL
Assuming itā€™s a male CBSA personnelā€¦ or female

J/K - I will most likely be taking Captain Awesome.

Nothing to see here officer!

If this wasnā€™t already said, then the flirting is covered with whoever is stationed at the booth!

1 Like

lol thinking about this, I better get to it before my daughter does. She will carry it in on her own and set it up in her room.

Kids 13 and she dragged in my gaming table (weigh was 70+ lb and odd shaped into the house on her own).

3 Likes

Asked the familyā€¦ ā€œSo where should we put the Glowforge when it arrives?ā€ Younger daughter: ā€œUmmmā€¦ My room.ā€

19 Likes

neither of my PRU boxes had/have them

1 Like

This is possibly the best use of quote Iā€™ve seen in a LONG time.

1 Like

Was seriously considering naming my :glowforge: The Eagle. Although that name should have been reserved for the first production unit delivered.

1 Like

Congrats @Tom_A!!

1 Like

I believe @PIGHEADED (first production user) went with ā€œProdForgeOneā€, although ā€œThe Eagleā€ is still a great name

5 Likes

Congratulations! Canā€™t wait to see what you and your kids make!

1 Like

Speaking of @PlGHEADED. Havenā€™t heard from him for almost a week. :worried:

6 Likes

We lost him :cry:

3 Likes