Practical Cut Spice Cabinet

We are moving houses and I was in desperate need of a storage solution for our family’s collection of cooking spices since space is very limited.

I designed this modular series of sliders for our cabinet, and I am really excited to install it! The measurements are 4 1/2 inches wide x 12 inches tall x 10 inches deep for each cabinet. Together they are about 15 inches wide (total) 12 inches tall, and 10 inches deep… They hold 60 bottles of spices alphabetized!

most of it is medium MDF, but I tried to cover the outside with medium maple plywood for a better look. :smiling_face:

IMG_6826

60 Likes

That’s excellent!

13 Likes

These look great

11 Likes

Awesome! Do you have something in there to stop them being pulled out all the way? Knowing me, I’d go to pull it out and would end up pulling it out entirely and dropping all the bottles to the floor.

19 Likes

Brilliant. I’m totally going to steal that general concept. We have so many spices it overwhelms the cabinet they’re in. A slide out is a great idea

17 Likes

That’s so great!

12 Likes

Organization is the best! Really great work!

11 Likes

There’s a wooden dowel in the top & bottom that runs along a cut out track in the shell. :wink:

19 Likes

Great concept, especially when you put 3 in one box! Will save you a lot of space, I imagine.

11 Likes

That’s great! I really think you need to submit this to the catalog!!

11 Likes

Very nice, and looks great

12 Likes

I love this. I have so many spices and it’s hard to keep them organized.

7 Likes

Great idea and execution! You’ll be able to put your hand on the spice you need in an instant.

7 Likes

I have a friend who soooooo needs one of these.

@LauraZM Happy Cake Day!

6 Likes

Happy Cake Day!

6 Likes

I love this idea!!

4 Likes

Happy cake day @LauraZM! :birthday:

6 Likes

That would be so great in our RV!

8 Likes

That’s great! Our spice storage is a mess, and once in a while I think I should make something since I have all of these tools. I just haven’t had any good ideas. This is nice inspiration.

8 Likes

Happy cake day @chris1!

7 Likes