Practical cuts

for propriety, i avoid having the dog lick my lap. she can have what hits the floor.

3 Likes

You lick that up yourself? :rofl:

2 Likes

I often have occasion to want to cover the keys (the screen makes a good “whiteout” background to photograph as well) and I always “make do” but a dedicated surface sounds great though more storage capacity might have to be added. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

no, cuz I’M not a dog and don’t have that capability.

1 Like

Perhaps that is what Lyckans and sideshow barkers are about ?

Uh back on track.

Painted a mini swatch on the lid, extra practical.

18 Likes

I need an integrated shirt-shield on mine.

4 Likes

I don’t eat in the living room often, because I don’t want to move my laptop. This is a brilliant idea!

3 Likes

This is a bit too decorative to be merely “practical” but I may have to steal this idea. And that bowl of goulash/chili/dog food looks delicious!

1 Like

I took it as spaghetti with MEAT sauce, could totally be Cincinnati chili :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When your compressor stops compressing, a new gasket is great. 1/16" rubber.

Perfect fit, perfect function.

33 Likes

Looks awesome, what type of rubber?

Yes, btw. Spaghetti with meat sauce, and a small pile of freshly grated reggiano on top.

3 Likes

What kind of rubber is that? I’ve only used a specific gasket laser material.

Stellar!

1 Like

Good question, it’s some stuff I’ve had for years. I remember looking up the data sheet some time back, but now I can’t find the provenance. Some rubbers can have chlorine, so be careful out there…

2 Likes

I would have used thin cork as that is common place and easy to laser. Not sure if it would lock out all air passage but what got past would not be much. Leather is another traditional material that is easy to cut.

I found a video where a guy on a job site cut a new gasket out of cardboard and it worked fine! Cork is a great idea, I even have some.

2 Likes

Natural versus engineered cork makes a difference here, natural is full of voids, engineered cork is much tighter.

3 Likes

First thought after seeing the first picture but before reading the description was that you had cats! Ours see a laptop come out and come running to try to sit on the keyboard, this would help a lot. Decoy keyboards don’t work they only like the working one.

8 Likes