Practical cuts

Spelled senior wrong.

Sorry, Dad jokes and pranks just sort of oooze out.

Great job. They will also have a memento to help bring the day back.

2 Likes

“Quaranteened” is a missed opportunity.

6 Likes

Yeah… I didn’t design the signs - my wife found all of them on the interwebs… :wink:

2 Likes

here are a few practical items.

Leather tool holding rack.

Rack for food coloring set

16 Likes

So I’ve had this router guide sitting waiting on a use case when it finally comes up today so I grab it and get ready to mount the router to it and guess what? That’s right, I don’t know what routers this came pre-drilled for but it sure was not Bosch! Nothing even close. So what do we do? Grab calipers of course. Four countersunk screw holes all done on the glowforge. I had some scrap acrylic so I experimented on it for working out the depths of the countersinks. Went together perfectly.

15 Likes

A trivial practical cut.

26 Likes

Much better than being caught with your pants down.

9 Likes

I’ve been making buttons from my earsavers acrylic scraps. My grandma’s button box was one of my favorite things, and I don’t even HAVE one! That’s changing now. :wink:

7 Likes

Working on ways to use these

8 Likes

It might be my eyes… but I don’t see any holes?

1 Like

Note: I said working on ways. From using tiny magnets to bamboo with holes to actually making holes, or cut and engrave this and glue to the back…
holes

1 Like

Refrigerator magnets?

2 Likes

They are great for that! The central dome is thick enough I can drill most of the way through and use 1/8 inch neomagnets or I have thar rubber magnet stuff that came in one-inch diameter just glued in place,

1 Like

I just posted a square string spool to the Free Designs area.

Now I just need to design a gear driven winder for it. :wink:

9 Likes

we rarely (like, only when there’s company) eat in the dining room. we eat in the family room, sitting on the sofa, watching TV. and my “TV tray” is really a laptop table. and it has a laptop on it. i’m often not watching TV, but surfing. keyboard not necessary for that, just a mouse and the screen.

my old laptop had recessed keys, so i could get away with resting my plate on the handrest portion. but the most recent laptop has keys that rise above the surface. creating a problem. i finally decided to do something about it.

so today i cut a little stand that covers the base of the laptop and gives me a safe surface for a plate or bowl without having to close the laptop.

31 Likes

That is both brilliant and hilarious :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What a cool idea! And look…it’s even decorated like a placemat! High stylin’!

4 Likes

Great idea for anti-social meals!

Rev2 suggestion: A little lip to redirect spills off to the sides.

3 Likes

spills? those all go directly into my lap.

5 Likes

We have a dog for that :grin:

5 Likes