Prankster gift wrapping

$50 in quarters set in a bucket of plaster of paris.

8 Likes

21 Likes

Not necessarily gift wrapping, but one year when the kids were in their pre-teen years, did a prank that I laugh about even today (20 plus years later).

My wife had a standing Christmas day rule, nobody gets out of bed (except for bathroom purposes) before 6:30 am. Well, I decided I really wanted to sleep in. So to accomplish that, once everyone had gone to bed and were definitely asleep, I reset every clock, watch and time piece back 1.5 hours. (Didn’t tell the wife either).

It was hilarious to hear the kids talking to each other trying to figure out why it was so bright outside and still not past 6 am. Even my wife was baffled. The extra hour I got allowed me to comfortably get up, feeling refreshed. (The wife didn’t find it a funny as I did and the kids were not that impressed).

The next year the kids made sure the clocks were protected, so I taped over the doors and stuffed loose material between the door and the tape.so when they opened the doors, it all feel into their rooms.

The following year, the kids tried to figure out what to do or prepare for. I choose to do nothing because they were trying to stay up and a prevent dad from doing another prank (and I knew it would drive them nuts).:smiling_imp:

18 Likes

A former coworker’s adult family thrives on this kind of thing. I have heard several stories but currently only remember the one involving concrete.

4 Likes

Pure (evil) genius!! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I made box and nailed it shut for my dad one year. I used my silhouette cameo to cut out the stencils. The wood was reclaimed from my kid’s playset and the included prybar was an additional part of the gift. I used small washer as a spacer so I did not put the nails in to deep. He still uses the box for pecans in the shell by his recliner.

24 Likes

Freezing the ‘cold hard cash’ into a block of ice was spectacular!!! She went right in to find a hair dryer!

3 Likes

For a while, our kids’ grandmother was getting them things that made noise. Kazoos, talking animals, those cardboard electric guitars…

Then she visited and they played them all…

12 Likes

I did that to our HR guy on a business trip. Got a roll of wrapping paper, a pile of easter basket grass and several hundred empty plastic eggs. Stuck the eggs in a box with no top and propped that against the top of the door to his room. Taped just the bottom of the box to the door frame so it would swing down when the door opened. Ran strips of the wrapping paper across the doorway - putting the grass on the bottom. Then put more eggs between the paper and the door. All the way up to the box of eggs.

In the morning he opened the door and got deluged by eggs and then had to walk through the wrapping paper. He pretended nothing was amiss when he came down for breakfast. We pretended not to know anything.

He kept it up until he got a call from the “hotel” telling him they were charging him a $250 cleaning fee because of all the eggs, grass and paper he left :smile: He wouldn’t stand for it and went in search of the perp to make them pay.

8 Likes

We filled a few cars with packing peanuts in the day. Man, we were stupid when we were young.

6 Likes

As a teenager I worked at a VCR repair shop, and there were tons of junk unrepairable VCRs handy. I grabbed one of them, found a box it would fit into as well. I opened the VCR case and put a CD inside and sealed the case back up, stuck it into the box then wrapped it and gave to my sister.

Watching the reactions was the best part. First she thought she was getting what was shown on the outside of the box, I forget what that was now. Then she opens the box to find a beat up VCR, thinking that’s what her brother gave her. Nope, sorry sis’, you gotta get some tools and open that VCR… hahaha. I guess you had to be there :slight_smile:

7 Likes

In the same vein, to be able to see it but painful to get to. Suspend the money in an Epoxy “brick”.

3 Likes

When the cousins exchanged gifts the rule was you couldn’t ask for money. The one I had to get a gift for wasn’t into following the rules. So I went to the bank for a fine collection of pennies and dimes. At home I drank the last of some pint bottle. Then I filled the bottle with the coins and then filled the neck of the bottle with wax.

Great thing about a pint booze bottle is the really thick glass.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Have them really work for it :hammer_pick:

No, packing nuts aren’t stupid - driving a 65 Valiant 120mph on a dark road at night with no seatbelts and a metal dash & steering wheel qualifies for stupid. DAMHIK :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Oh no you didn’t…:sunglasses:

Wouldn’t admit it if my mother were still alive :smile:

2 Likes

I did something similar driving back to school at about 5:00 am one morning, felt the shimmy, slowed down and blew out a tire at about 85. (Remember the Firestone 500’s?) That thing shredded like it was exploding.

Landed in a ditch, and the guys i was racing with came back to pull me out and change the tire for me.

Sometimes it’s good to be a girl.

(Oh and cars used to be a lot sturdier…no damage.)

12 Likes

Funny story, my mom is 16, learning to drive with her dad. They have a blowout and my grandpa decides it is time for mom to learn to change a tire. So they are there on the side of the road (on the side away from traffic), my grandpa is knelt down watching mom work, and isn’t visible from the road. In my mom’s words, a cute guy stops, gets out of the car and asks mom if she needs help. My granpda stands up and says “no, she doesn’t.” :smile: The guy turns on his heels and gets right back into his car. Mom was very embarrassed :blush:

Oh, and she and my dad used to race Route 66 (E Street in San Bernardino, CA). Her 64 1/2 Mustang blew everyone out of the water, and had so much torque that it broke motor mounts and had to be chained to the frame. I seem to recall some stories of lights-out racing too.

13 Likes

Oh yeah…try justifying it :slight_smile: The car didn’t always get hurt but they were brutal on the occupants.

5 Likes