Prankster gift wrapping

Doggone it! She might have wanted to meet that guy! ROFL!

2 Likes

Actually felt safer in those than I do in the current ones (although I do love my Equus)…You could hit one of those old Fords with an 18 wheeler (one rolled into it in a parking lot) and the car wasn’t damaged by that either.

Bumper did get a little scraped.

Now the Equus is a stealth speedster in a sedan body. Best of all worlds. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

My LS600 is too - looks like grandpa’s sedan but it’s got almost 700hp to the wheels between the electric motor (inline with the tranny - instant acceleration) and the big V8. Funny watching the kids try to keep up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mine was a 61 Valiant and my top speed was 12 mph slower than yours but yeah.

2 Likes

Downhill helps. :slight_smile:

Made “50,000 Pounds of Bananas” take on a whole new relevance when I first heard that song.

6 Likes

Never heard it…until now

3 Likes

Back when I was doing aviation reporting, some of the research a colleague did involved a few early airliner accidents that no one could figure out because all the passengers were dead but the fuselage was perfectly intact. The feds finally got the go-ahead to drop a fuselage from 100 ft or so in front of a bunch of cameras and found that it flexed down to pancake shape and then sprang right back up the way it had been before impact. And that’s when the notion of crumple zones got started…

10 Likes

Ok, if you are wrapping cash, it doesn’t have to be deceptive. You wrap the cash in a layer of paper. You then cover it in a layer of Gorilla tape and a layer of strapping tape… wrap in paper, then Gorilla tape and strapping tape…repeat as many time as you can stand (usually about 10 times). You will have an extremely frustrating package to open that he can’t use tools on in fear of damaging the money (assuming it’s paper money). :imp: - Rich

3 Likes

I would believe that wrapping the present in 3-4 layers of Gorilla Tape (or gaffers tape) would present a fair challenge, particularly if you hide the knives and scissors… :slight_smile:

D

5 Likes

We once used an empty ribbon spool, taped a bunch of money together, and rolled it onto the spool with a layer of ribbon covering it. It wasn’t deceptive or difficult to open, but fun none-the-less. @martinell.jan comes up with the best ideas!

8 Likes

Looks like you were typing while I was typing. And I checked for “gaffer” and “gorilla” in the topic before I posted.

Just goes to show that great minds think alike (and sometimes at the same time :-))

D

1 Like

And assuming it’s in there! Hehe!

1 Like

I received cash as a present one year where all the cash was inside fortune cookies. It was a fun way to receive cash as a present.

3 Likes

Oh, I just remembered a classic!

Take a piece a citrus fruit (I always went with a lemon) and make sure it’s got that little green stem bit on the end. Pull the stem bit off and set it aside. Take a longish thinnish pointed tool (pencil works well) and push a hole from right below where the bit was, straight through the center of the fruit without coming out the other side. Roll up your money really tight and slide it into the hole. Use a little bit of glue to put that stem piece back over the hole and hide you mischief.

Box appropriately and wait!
Improve the fun by giving him many lemons!

8 Likes

Are you sure you’re really likeable? :laughing: ROFL - Rich

3 Likes

It’s all about how much money you put in your produce.

If you make someone dig through a lemon for a single, you’re a monster; no one is ever mad if they see Jackson, Grant or Franklin smiling back.

5 Likes

One Christmas I bought my wife a new sewing machine and as part of a special offer it came with a free DVD player that could also work as a karaoke player.

So I found a cheap karaoke DVD and microphone and gave them as her main gift… The look on her face was was scary (she hates kareoke)… sort of ‘I can’t believe this present, doesn’t he know me at all’.

I didn’t wait long before I got the sewing machine out!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

4 Likes

Here’s a picture of a ready made WHAT?!?!?! gift I gave my sister in law a few years back before my brother pulled out the real gift I sent.

10 Likes

This is spectacular! (I’m afraid to ask where the gift was stashed.)

4 Likes

I learned early, and because she straight out told me, that there are two things we DON’T do at Christmas:

1. No pranks
  2. No gift bags. Every present has to be wrapped AND have a bow!

Isn’t that right @martinell.jan?

7 Likes