Really? No fun at Christmas at all…:smiling_imp: - Rich

3 Likes

AAAHAHAHHA, I love it!

3 Likes

Did that come with “the look” and previously referenced “consequences”? :sweat:

8 Likes

Quite possibly. :smiley:

7 Likes

Santa just came and setup (with my daughter’s help) a 2 person infrared sauna. No wrapping that! But it does have a big red bow on it :slightly_smiling_face:

Since Santa brought it, it’s exempt from prohibitions and “the look”. :grinning:

8 Likes

in hindsight, the beaded bracelet might have been a bad choice.

1 Like

I think in our house it’s more like wrapped OR a bow. (Fer example, the time I asked my spouse to close her eyes so I could lead her out to the garage and present her with … a bow-enabled pressure washer.)

(Yeah, we’ve had discussions about those car commercials.)

6 Likes

Ditto here.

Although I just wrapped a copper bird house that’s mounted on a copper stand (attached) which stakes into the ground. It’s got branches and leaves and all manner of sticking out things. And it’s 5 feet tall :slightly_smiling_face:

Should have gone with the bow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Not to late to add one…or four.

3 Likes

It did … he had to know how real this situation was!

3 Likes

I say wrapping is half the gift … it’s all in the presentation! I even have a wrapping party the weekend before Christmas for several friends … bags and curling ribbon are outlawed and every gift leaves with a bow!

I take wrapping very seriously :slight_smile: and Chad and our extended family all play along well!

13 Likes

My Dad is known for serious wrapping. AAA batteries wrapped individually. Bicycle tires hanging on the wall disguised as wreaths.
That level of wrapping is serious commitment.

16 Likes

I recognize some of the product lines for some of the stuff I used wo run when I worked at the gift wrap factory

4 Likes

For me, the prank is actually giving a gift that is wrapped. They are lucky to get a ribbon around it. The last couple years I have been giving out food, like red and green ravioli or canned vegetable soup. Gift bags are great.

11 Likes

My mom was displeased when she realized I intended to not wrap my niece’s present. She said that I could at least put a bow on it.

So I did:

19 Likes

At approximately 140mph the wipers on a '64 Polara get pushed out to the door posts and the motor can’t pull them back down. About a year later, I experienced my only rear wheel blowout, which fortunately happened while doing 25mph, I almost crashed at that speed. If there are such things as guardian angels, then, mine had an ulcer.

7 Likes

At 25 mph the wipers on a 30 year old '56 Ford F100 fall off when trying to clear a heavy downpour. Then you have to drive in the rain with the window down so you can reach out every now and then to run the wiper across the windshield.

15 Likes

OMG, out of likes for right now. Those pesky Fords! I had a '73 Pinto wagon that dropped its wiper motor on my foot during a very light rain while I was going to see about acquiring a '71 Satellite Sebring.

11 Likes

It knew. …it knew.

5 Likes

I had the Mercury version - the Capri. The wiper motor flew up out of the hood vent strip. The transmission linkage came apart and the stick came up & off. The rear window got sucked out at high speeds.

Other than that it was a fine car for a poor college kid :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes