Pre-finished hardwood sources (like Proofgrade-esque)?

Hi! Are there any sources of pre-finished hardwood out there besides :proofgrade:?

I like :proofgrade: of course, but I’d prefer a bit thicker than 1/8" if possible. Thanks!

Or any news on thick hardwood from :proofgrade:???

depending on your local plywood dealer, most can get if not have prefinished plywood on two sides. they will usually be in 1/4" and a poplar core versus MDF. the one thing to consider is that you’ll likely have to purchase them as a full sheet, and the grade of the veneers can be lower then traditional cabinet grades. so make sure to ask about the face veneer grade. I hope this helps.

They were asking about hardwood.

For what little I use, I get it at my local Rockler which is 10 minutes away, or Lowes/Home Depot - but none are pre-finished.

There are many online sources, you can use the search feature above and find the dozens of previous discussions.

1 Like

I couldn’t find anything about pre-finished hardwood sources :frowning:

I’ve used prefinished hardwood flooring with good results engraving and scoring. Most is too thick to use the tray.

You might try https://www.coloradoheirloom.com
They have what they call hardwood strips that are finished on one or both sides. Thicknesses from 1/16" to 1/4".

1 Like

Hmm looks like that might be good, but seems I’d need to have some kind of business ID to apply for an account. I guess I can check into that.

A true, hard-core hobbyist can always find a way around the wholesale requirement! :slightly_smiling_face: