Pre-Order Basic for Sale in Atlanta area!

Edited: Nevermind! A family member is going to set up the glowforge in their warehouse so I don’t have to get rid of it.

10 Likes

Sorry to see you go, good luck with your relocation!

7 Likes

Aw, thanks. I might be back in the future :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interested in just the wood. Are you interested in selling it separately?

Dog tags pic??

I’ve gotten a couple messages from some interested people so I’ll probably give priority to anyone willing to take all of it. I really don’t want to move it. If they change their mind or flake, I’ll let you know.

I don’t have pics of the dog tags - i packed my office and didn’t label everything as specifically as i should have, so I’m not sure which box everything is in. But i know I have 380 Chewbarka tags, minus a handful of experiments. Off the top of my head, I know I have the traditional tag shape, circles, whatever shape the superman symbol is, and maybe a fourth one. All in a variety of colours, but I mostly stuck to ones that would be better contrast with white, so no pinks, yellows, oranges. Lots of black, purple, blue, red, and green.

Theres also like 25 “rustic wood slices” that are coaster-sized and a couple dozen small hardwood boards of woods that I can’t name. I know for sure there’s a couple padauk and purple heart pieces (and I have no earthy idea why I know what that even is. I can’t even tell an oak tree from maple if one of them is covered in acorns), but all the rest is probably like… Cherry or whatever boring wood. Some of those don’t have the most even thicknesses.

There’s also at least 1 sheet of acrylic that I was too afraid to cut and several proofgrade sheets that came as part of the founders whatever box - I know I have all of the testing sheets, whatever material those are, and the leather. I might have some other things too.

And none of this is probably relevant. I need more sleep. I will try to find all the stuff this weekend or next week, depending on house listing and showings, and I’ll update with anything extra I find/anything I can’t find.

2 Likes

Awww2, Erin, sorry you can’t keep your GF! Wishing you luck in your move and new location, and hope to see you again as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s no fun. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Keep me in mind.

Has anyone flaked?

Hey, sorry. I’m still waiting to hear back from one lady.

Thanks

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I’m going to be keeping it after all; it just won’t be moving with me :slight_smile:

If you still need supplies, I used woodpeckers (from Amazon) for a long time before sourcing from these guys. Their customer service was great, shipping was good, and the wood I received was really nice. I think I bought like 150 12 x 20 sheets from them and shipping was only $35. And it was $175 for 100 sheets of 1/8 and $175 for 50 sheets of 1/4. You probably can get it cheaper if you’re willing to buy full sized sheets and cut them down (and if you’re willing to buy in larger volume, I suppose) but I was happy with $1.75 per sheet.

All the dog tags came from chewbarka on eBay - I did 2 auctions and got the tags for 50 cents each, then just emailed them the style and colours that I wanted. I haven’t played around with many dog tags, but I was really happy with the quality for the price.

2 Likes

If this means you’ll still be with us, yay! I hope you can resume operations at some point.

2 Likes

Yeah, I won’t be going away - I won’t be able to use it super regularly but I’m excited to not have to sell it :grin:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.