Pre-Release | A little engraving fix for you guys on this holiday

Woof! :upside_down:

5 Likes

Absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for posting!!

3 Likes

Did some selective weeding on it!

33 Likes

Just need a shot from a somewhat oblique angle to highlight the depth and post it on FB :smile:

6 Likes

Better then the one FS laser makes at demos .

5 Likes

Are you planning on taking off all the masking? I’m interested in seeing it all removed, it looks like this came out really good! (You can use a piece of Gorilla tape or something sticky to remove small bits fast).

18 Likes

I like it with the masking like this, but I’ll happily cut another one to remove all of it. Gimme a few mins =)

14 Likes

Awesome!

How big is it? (Sorry if you mentioned it in the video, I haven’t watched it yet.)

5 Likes

4"

6 Likes

Yeah, this definitely looks cool too. We haven’t printed this design here (as far as I know, we usually do our own designs). I’m curious how it came out!

9 Likes

its cutting now… sooooon!

24 Likes

One epic coaster :smiley:

8 Likes

The detail on this is just amazing. And I’ve just spend the day engraving plain old stars. Love the video!

15 Likes

so now I know why you outsourced this operation… the weeding is insanity lol. tape tip definitely helped. getting closer…

8 Likes

Here ya go. A few of the tiny little dots broke when weeding out all the masking, but it’d be hard to even notice.

Turned out looking great!

54 Likes

That is incredible!

2 Likes

Both together just because why not

47 Likes

OK, just learning about what does what. Why does one appear more white than the other? I thought the darker one was mostly weeded, and the lighter one was 100% weeded

5 Likes

Boy that looks great! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

7 Likes

The darker one, I only weeded the big triangular spikes and the middle face. The lighter one I weeded the whole thing. The masking is on there to keep the smoke and sooty liquid that bubbles out from getting on the surface of the wood. The masking that I left on is stained from the sooty smoke.

15 Likes