Pre-Release Candidates Named

Yeah, carrying in on the side is what I’m hoping I can do, should be enough protection/transport locks to allow for that, just hope that either the coolant pump is strong enough, or no worries about air bubbles in the wrong spot of the collar loop (had some issues on a computer build with that a while back…but I would hope the gf coolant pump is stronger and will overcome an air bubble line lock)

1 Like

The remote possibility that a fluid bubble could occur was the only reason I said momentarily. I have no idea whether that is possible. But I will guarantee you that FedEx will flip 90% of the boxes at some point in the shipping process even if only for a moment. Pretty sure the unit design, head/gantry shipping blocks, and other packaging is robust enough.

5 Likes

My wife has been in cleanup mode for months now and the one thing in, one out policy is all too familiar to me. As revenge I’m getting her “Decluttering - a 24-volume Set” for Christmas.

9 Likes

wrap them individually and poorly and scatter them about the underside of the tree hahaha

4 Likes

I am sure that @marmak3261 is working on a full post to go along with the video… but just came across his video upload through Facebook:

Sorry to steal some of your thunder. But I know I was scouring the forums to find the unboxing, and it was surprising to see on Facebook first :slight_smile: The responses from the Laser engraving group are not all unreasonably negative, so that is good at least.

6 Likes

Check out this thread for a bunch of his unboxing vids.

Your scouring needs work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apparently! That was not in my list of 186 NEW threads ><

EDIT: Oh… duh. Because that is the thread from yesterday with them bringing the box to his house. Not sure why I expected a whole new thread for the unboxing. Makes sense.

4 Likes

His unboxing actually starts with the #50 post in that thread:

1 Like

And I was just in the process of wrapping a gift for my girlfriend’s birthday…

16 Likes

Would that make her options be get rid of 24 other items or throw away your Christmas gift?

3 Likes

Ooh… one of the other “most successful crowdfunded” items ever made. The card game that pulled in nearly $9M.

3 Likes

Cats and their love for boxes…:smile_cat::bomb:

4 Likes

Will do some follow up measurements on the box and on other dimensions such as bottom rests, feet, hoofs, channels, including their height in relation to bottom of base. What do you call the feet on the bottom of appliances?

1 Like

feet or runners

1 Like

Runners! Yes. Thanks.:squee::glowforge::athletic_shoe:

2 Likes

They’re only runners if they’re long rail types.

The feet that your refrigerator, stove or washer have are called “leveling feet”.

2 Likes

I don’t know - I’ll see if I can find a measuring tape when things settle down a bit for you. [quote=“rpegg, post:103, topic:3598”]
Pretty sure the unit design, head/gantry shipping blocks, and other packaging is robust enough.
[/quote]

It’s designed to survive inversion.

Fun fact: I was backer #1 for EK. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

44" x 27 1/2" x 15"

13 Likes

And how about their new one? Bears vs. Babies?

I wish I had backed Joking Hazard, as it stands I’ll have bought two copies and gotten someone else to buy a copy just in the past week.

1 Like