Pre Release: Cat Shelf is Live

Ah, another rational defense. (I’d probably grab the ® from another font, just to cover myself. Like I said, OCD.) That said, I intend to borrow heavily from one of @dan’s previous posts and say:

Made on my Glowforge® wondrous box of magic and light!

1 Like

Actually (ignoring the Tm) it’s actually almost word for word of the positive examples at the end of the guideline btw…

3 Likes

Hmm…

Maybe the piece moved in the laser? Or maybe the bed moved?

Something is off, I held a set of calipers up to the screen and the lower line definitely has a variation that the other lines of text do not have.

1 Like

I was aware. The other part that stuck out being GlowForge rather than Glowforge. It is all the same to me, and the company certainly doesn’t care in our interactions so much as in items more formally referencing the company (such as made on/with badges, of course). Lawyers, you can’t live with them and you can’t forge them into a better design.

This is so fabulous!

1 Like

Not exactly. You spelled it wrong “GlowForge” vs “Glowforge” and used it as a noun, not an adjective.

As far as I can tell, it should be “Made on a Glowforge® laser cutter” or similar.

3 Likes

Just checked, and it’s in the set. It’s possible in mucking around in the SVG after changing to outlines, I could have rotated it slightly. AI on a corner drag isn’t hard to get rotation, It’s going to be at a crazy angle on the wall so nobody will notice.

2 Likes

Except you, every single time you see it.

1 Like

So damn cool…words don’t do it justice

I have never hated a mammal more than I do now… :grinning: That did it, you’re right, I’d see that everytime I walked by (the camel casing I could have dealt with, being a programmer I see everything CamelCased)… ugh…

OK, so fixed the (R), leveled the text, moved the cat to sit on the edge, and decided the heck with it, instead of free handing the leaf, traced one of the leaves from the wall…

33 Likes

Those turned out great. Nice touch with the sign.

4 Likes

Yeah, I like the second one too - it looks even better with the cat sitting uphill. :relaxed: :+1:

5 Likes

So today, was finish up day:

Getting the old sign off the door, and getting the apparently 3 generations of double stick tape off the door, with a putty knife, resulted in me having to reset the “days since Dr. Feldman had an accident” (well we had to alter it to “either Dr. Feldman” since my wife got scratched by a cat last night (anyone with a 3D printer knows exactly what my hands look like now). It took over an hour!

Old and new signs (old one seems to be MDF)

Mounted (most of those scratches - not all - were there from the last sign guy). I’ll polish them when I come to install the fun play toy part (another project post when I finish that)

Next mounted the leaf sign over the leaf. Just before cutting the leaf, I realized I needed to scale it ever so slightly so you wouldn’t see the leaf I traced below it.

Overview

36 Likes

Perfect! :smiley:

3 Likes

I love that the door color shows through the number. You’ll start a new sign making trend!

3 Likes

Yes, although I wish the frosted was a bit more frosted. You can sort of still read large text through it…

2 Likes

Didn’t you mean “Purr- fect”? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh snap! :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

I love your design. Very cool. I know a cat that would either love it (or just continue to perch on
Our kitchen table anytime we’re not looking :relaxed:

2 Likes

:confused::sleepy: Better take care of those hands, that do so much for so many people.
Love the look of the mostly finished tree…looking forward to the cat toy too :smile:

2 Likes