Pre-Release - Detail Engraves, Proofgrade, and Why Masking Is Great

I might have to re-open my FB account…wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall for this. Chuckle! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Work fine for me!

1 Like

Fine for me too, but the two links are the same, right?

That’s why I bought a small, smart TV for my laser pantry…so I could either watch TV or Netflix while waiting.

7 Likes

yep! I do that and work on the next thing I want to print while the other one is printing! Its pretty addicting

4 Likes

Hi Phil! :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad your showing up the snobs on the laser forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean… how can you argue with these engraves? Seriously… lol
Theyre incredible

5 Likes

Well we are all inferior idiots for buying into a vaporware scam. How could we ever aspire to know how or what they do with their pew pew awesome chinese lasers.

I didn’t spend 6 months tuning my k40 knock off that only runs on crap software. I do not know Pai. And suffering like they do. I must suffer for my creations.

Eye rolling emoticon

17 Likes

hahaha spot on

2 Likes

Links worked - replies seemed downright pleasant! I’m glad folks aren’t giving you a hard time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some of the comments on the original thread were pretty negative, but I just closed the tab and found something else to do. I don’t have enough time to waste any of it reading that kind of rubbish.

4 Likes

I have the web cam on it almost all the time and in a window so I don’t have to get up as I work on the next design. I just have to get another monitor plugged in with all the different inputs I’m working on. It’s the food that got me the first month. I went for longer stretches without eating than I had for years!

8 Likes

Leaving some masking on can be cool too

44 Likes

That is incredibly beautiful!

6 Likes

I like that…I wonder if you couldn’t varnish it on? :relaxed:

2 Likes

Wow . . . Just WOW. beautiful both ways.

2 Likes

I was just wondering how long that effect would last before peeling off… or adhering permanently. I’ve seen both from factory-masked products. Don’t know what the shelf-life will be for proofgrade.

5 Likes

The smaller darker pieces like the ones present on the wolf come off really easily. I’d have to coat them in a layer of something to keep them from falling off in my pocket as I carry around my engraved pieces to show off on a daily basis! I try to take new ones into work every day so my coworkers can see, and all my maker friends always want to see them

7 Likes

My “friend” from the Seattle mini-maker faire back in September still has his teeth. I think that coating yours would be a good idea, though. I’ve shown mine off even though it’s not nearly as impressive. My excitement level for this machine, however, is pretty impressive! I constantly worried about the masking coming off in my pocket.

Luggage-tag Bob Cheveron Pants.
https://community.glowforge.com/uploads/short-url/dBbsSmlig5O1Fsla2aQU8NjK4S6.JPG

21 Likes

Re the way the demo video showed an engraving done on a laptop, is it possible for the forge to ‘recognise’ any curved/low domed shape, and engrave something like your wonderful wolf over the curved surface ?
John

2 Likes