Pre-Release | From box to cut

@karaelena wow that’s amazing!!!

7 Likes

Really valuable perspective here with the comparison and contrast to the different machines. Thanks.

10 Likes

Very good to hear.

And the box is awesome! The design and Doctor Who just can’t be beat.

6 Likes

Wow, she got chops! That box top looks amazing in contrasting wood! :astonished: :dizzy_face: :relaxed:

6 Likes

Awesome!!! I am so glad I am getting one of these!!!:astonished::grinning:

9 Likes

So many great things here! Well done! Makes the designer side of me so happy and excited to get my hands on my Glowforge soon!

5 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

Oh man I love that box

5 Likes

Those look awesome! Excited to see more. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

47 Likes

Awww, now that’s cute! :smile:

6 Likes

Now I get it. Another board game box. That’s hive isn’t it? Keep em coming!

10 Likes

You know I am stealing this box concept for my presentation grade B# knife sharpeners. I had already thought of hex shaped box but the hex cutout is, well, the bee’s knees.

How’d you join the corners? Fingers sanded flush?

Beautiful work BTW.

13 Likes

Based on the top layer it looks like multiple layers glued together. I think your idea would look great though.

3 Likes

Was the bee done in a program or scanned from a drawing and uploaded through the apps interface?

1 Like

Super cute and cool bee box! :bee:

5 Likes

@markevans36301 They were cut out and glued together

@PFI-Guy I drew the bee (on a iPad with the illustrator app /w a stylus) then she used it and designed the boxes.

10 Likes

This is so cool!

Looking at the hex grid I’m reminded of the time I needed a hex pattern to spray paint onto something.
I looked everywhere and eventually settled on buying a 30 dollar stencil from Michaels. It was a big investment for something I only used once!

7 Likes

@rebecca, you’ve changed. :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, the avatar is much cuter as a cat! My cat, Sophie.

12 Likes