Pre-Release | From box to cut

She’s a cutie, but so are you…you should do a joint shot. :smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the images! The box looks great!

Was it easy to figure out the joint angles?

From the images the joints look amazing :hugs:

3 Likes

That’s one of the cut offs from the box above. Placement was done strictly with the UI.
So even the by product of your project can be used. Pretty cool.

The op took 24 seconds.

40 Likes

Dang nice detail on so small an item.

Btw, love the bee.

7 Likes

Yup! The teeny bee is cute too…would make great game tokens! :relaxed:

8 Likes

That is incredible. I almost missed that fact that it is next to a real nickel.

When you placed it with the UI, did it scale in the app or did you start it at that size?

5 Likes

[quote=“karaelena, post:43, topic:4383”]So even the by product of your project can be used. Pretty cool.
[/quote]

And be able to do it with the UI without any measurements is very cool, because you will be able to use almost all the material :grinning: :grinning::grinning:

10 Likes

Great storage/presentation for a jar of honey!

9 Likes

The design in the top of the box is sooo cool. The artistic people always inspire me to want to try to design something myself. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

My first thought was it that the box was something that you had designed for your sharpeners. Guess your brand recognition is working. :smile:

9 Likes

That baby bee sure is super tiny and super cute!

3 Likes

I would call it a “squee bee”, but I don’t want to cause anyone to lose their lunch… :innocent:

11 Likes

I would like to petition Discourse and GF to get @Jules her own personal squee button that only she can see in her UI

7 Likes

With such fine detail being possible , I’m wondering what the 3D engrave can do.

Dreams…

23 Likes

Hi Sophie! :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like not much of the Proofgrade will get wasted–we can just keep a jar of little pieces for things like this. Very cute by the way!

7 Likes

Keeping the theme of upcycling. She used the inner scraps of the boxes.

(Non-proofgrade 1/4". She didn’t put the masking tape on it to keep the ‘aged’ look.)

Happy New Years! Be safe out there folks.

49 Likes

Happy new year!!!

BTW, the dog’s tail detail is amazing!

9 Likes

Wow…I thought that was a scratch in the tape! :grinning:

3 Likes

I love the 3D effect out of 2D layers.

4 Likes