Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

Right after he made the reference, I replayed it to get the reference.

I tried it on my iPad, but since I have LastPass for my passwords, I couldn’t remember the password to login.

I wondered what the site would do.

2 Likes

I believe that is where you would go to “print” stuff. I imagine the first time you go there, it gives you the manual. At least, that is what I’m guessing from the information provided in the video.

2 Likes

Well I guess that’s where the other pre-release unit went.

34 Likes

Might have to order one of those Glowforge things.

13 Likes

p good suggestion, I think I might join you…

3 Likes

@Xabbess and 2@johnwills: Will work on documenting that more clearly.
I posted some closeups of how the Glowforge sits on a table here:

9 Likes

Wonderful vids @marmak3261! (And you make an excellent narrator!) :smiley:

10 Likes

OoL… I tried it as soon as I heard the url. :innocent:

3 Likes

I didn’t but only because I saw @scatterbrains had already tried! Chuckle! :wink:

4 Likes

Loving the shot of the bottom.

Long metal bar that runs down the middle. With two copper tabs. I am going to suppose those are the main contacts for control of the filter unit.

Looks like there is a large set of holes in the bottom as well. Those confuse me a bit, the air intake for the whole unit maybe? I had pictured that being on the side, but now that I think about it, I have seen the sides and there is no obvious air intake.

Also appears to be a few screw/bolt holes in the middle of the bottom. May be a chance that the air filter can screw on for a more solid connection?

5 Likes

I don’t think the filter uses the side hole does it? That could explain those.

So… Do you have it assembled already?

2 Likes

Suddenly, I am feeling the thrill. Just seeing the GF in action, means so much more. I am happy I took the plunge. Of course I want an on time delivery . So many projects. @Xabess, I applaud your persistency with Affinity Designer. I bought it but never used it .I am motivated to learn. I have a month or so to prepare for this .

4 Likes

Dan had stated once that the air into the main :glowforge: comes through the filter first. So it makes sense for those holes to be the air inlet for the main machine.

2 Likes

That’s what I told the lady down the street. :innocent: I will do some more detail work on that later.

Had another big service this morning and was trying to catch up on emails and a few other office work. Have to go make hospital visits and then I’m free for the day. Will assemble it and fire it up. Will start a new thread with the unboxing of the print head.

12 Likes

Um, Don’t do that if you don’t mind. Just keep it all in this existing one.

2 Likes

Ok. Will update the topic header with “demo” when I get the new pics and vid ready. Ok. I have to stop the forum stuff and get my work done so I can go back to the Glowforge.

4 Likes

Well I signed up for one of the machines.
Will have a lot of time to use one, as this Friday is my last working day.
:grinning:Hope they pick me for a machine.

8 Likes

Hope the change in working status was your choice!

1 Like

Retirement or… - Rich

1 Like