Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

So I’m back at the office. Have a bunch of stuff to prepare for evening Spanish services including a Spanish sermon. So I’ll post this and then be back later for unboxing. If I can set up a live stream for the evening I will. If not I’ll video and upload it this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Edit: Please forgive portrait video. I wasn’t there to supervise and it happened so fast. We will have an inservice on proper phone videography in the future for all the staff! They are the best.

91 Likes

:frowning: YouTube is telling me file not supported… So that was what 1 or 2 day shipping that was fast

7 Likes

*staying tuned impatitently…

10 Likes

Yes, they over nighted it to him. :smiley:

11 Likes

aw, they gave it a little twirl for the camera.

22 Likes

Dang it…all out of likes…
:heart::heart::heart::heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::smile::smile:

18 Likes

When you get ready for more recordings or live streaming, please set the phone/tablet in landscape mode.

It will allow us to see the width and proportions with minimal panning.

:glowforge::squeeee:

16 Likes

The twirl really makes it!

20 Likes

@PFI-Guy: yes. Hate to appear like a noob, should have been there in person.
The box looks intact without any obvious signs of damage. Here are pictures of the shock tag. What does half white and half red mean?:scream:

And now back to work till 3:00 CST.

31 Likes

Haha what if it was the spin that tripped it

11 Likes

So jelly!!!
Enjoy fellow Glowforger!! :relaxed:

8 Likes

Oh no!!! 5…4…3…2…1…

18 Likes

Not good. Those are normally entirely clear/white according to the Shockwatch manufacturer before tripping. Not saying that things don’t work just that there has been a significant jolt in transit.

14 Likes

Ya that is a 50g tag so 50 g-forces not 50 grams

11 Likes

Close but no cigar? :thermometer_face:

Shockwatch website not much help. Here

Shockwatch Vids

2 Likes

Didn’t look like a 50 G spin… :wink:

10 Likes

Looking forward to that unboxing!

4 Likes

50g tag eh? Couple reasons why it partially tripped. For one you don’t stick them in the center of side of the box. You place them on a edge. The center will flex. Secondly, from WA to MO it most likely traveled by air. Which most likely either the ground crew or even the landing could have tripped it. More so since the tag was in the center like that.

Now I am interested to see how the unit is being suspended inside. And if they are doing a box with-in a box? or a flip-foam casing around it.

I wonder if all ‘full production’ shipments are going to have stock stickers on them?

13 Likes

I know it’s big but I just can’t get over the size of the box.

9 Likes

This is going to feel like a LOOOOOng day at work today. :grinning:

7 Likes