Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

Have you ruled out the issue of having the file page size mismatched with your bed size?

Seems likely you ruled that out, but it is the issue which most often causes my crappy little laser to have scaling problems.

1 Like

Crash course in Media Production 101, Day 4: Five minutes to get Ubuntu 15.04 readied to gif-ify a video shot on iPhone. I needed to learn how to do that so I can post video without using YouTube to facilitate demonstrations. Some random time stamp from last video.

19 Likes

Nice work!

For what it’s worth, there are a number of good gif apps that will do it all straight on your iPhone.

Yes. Much easier to preview videos which I have to upload to my computer to clear more space 64 GB and it’s filling up. I’ve been trimming and getting rid of stuff, but need my music on my phone and not streaming and lots of other excuses, but main issue is using CLI and fingers way, way faster than fat thumbs.:slight_smile:

6 Likes

I feel you, brother.

3 Likes

Google Photos is your friend. No need to keep any pics or videos on your devices and unlimited free space.

5 Likes

My property is totally off grid, no cell and I Am often in the country without internet. Not ready to lose local storage yet but almost ready to. And then I’m on Charter and it’s a bit slow.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of closing this one down since I’ve done all the required reading and am ready to post some other designs. And start round two. What do you think?

11 Likes

Something 3D would be cool

3 Likes

On to the next topic!

3 Likes

Well the dog will dry the dishes with his nice fluffy tail…what’s the problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Now that is truly man’s best friend. :dog2:

1 Like

Always enjoyed getting away with telling people it was an ID:10T issue(or letting a second on-site tech know what was up quietly). Risky writing it, but no one will catch it unless they know it verbally.

6 Likes

The fill level is designed to allow a fixed amount of air in the system. You’ll see a little bubbling through the tube and collecting at both ends, where it doesn’t do any harm.

18 Likes

The problem with packing peanuts is they settle during shipping. So you have to overpack the box in the hope that they’ll settle just enough. And the overpacking makes the box less structurally sound … so they defeat your purpose when shipping a heavy object.

(I used to ship heavy servers for my IT job. This is the voice of bitter experience talking.)

10 Likes

Hey @AuntiMame! Good to hear from you.

3 Likes

Archimedean spiral, Nice!

2 Likes

I’m in East Troy. Looks as though SE WI is covered!

2 Likes

Try Boomerang for short GIFs on iPhone

1 Like