Pre-Release | Greyscale Engraving, A Comparison to the K40

Like engaging in forums…

7 Likes

That’s how programming used to be with me…“It’s morning already? I guess I should shave and go to work.” - Rich

8 Likes

Photo editing has the same time dilation effect, as I suspect designing for the Glowforge will as well!

6 Likes

Solution? Enablement?

15 Likes

@takitus - maybe I missed it, but how long did it take to do that engraving on the GF?

2 Likes

~50 minutes. dont remember exactly but around there

6 Likes

Thanks - someone on another board asked and, of course, his is faster.

2 Likes

Of course lol, but does it look as good? Prob not

Lovely work - and great to see the comparison engravings.

1 Like

Also, what’d he spend?

3 Likes

“Mine’s faster”

“That’s cool if you like driving in a straight line at Bonneville. Power to ya. I like to drive around corners and over bumps and through the snow, on and off the road, without any weird operating procedures, so I’ll just keep driving my jeep and being perfectly happy about it. Drive up to the mountain and argue with me if you want to… lol”

18 Likes

I got my Jeep out today. The temperature hit 48°F for the first time in a couple months today so I backed it out of the garage to warm it up. A rare day for it to be out in the snow.

33 Likes

My dad used to have a Jeep… I so wish I would have bought it from him when he sold it. I’ll have to dig up a photo.

Like it a lot. Disturbs me that there are two Willys at the house nearest mine that are only started during hunting season because the home owner lives 600 miles away.

1 Like

This guy is pretty close-minded, like some on that Facebook group. I’m mostly trying to post actual user info there as a counterpoint to all the pundits that are convinced GF is a huge ripoff that can’t possibly produce good results.

He was not impressed with the time your Zenyatta took, but there is always something guys like that won’t like so it’s not worth gettintg into an “engraving times still being improved” discussion with him.

3 Likes

Holy crap that’s gorgeous! Great to see the comparison side by side!

1 Like

yeah, I just look at their work to see if its even worth my time. everyone that has been negative with me has very poor quality work. might be because theyre doing it at top speed lol. im about quality first, speed second. Dont get me wrong, I hate waiting just as much as the next guy, but im not going to compromise quality because of it.

8 Likes

I don’t know what he is using or what it cost, but I’ll ask. That forum is popular with the Asian import laser cutter crowd but for all I know he is using an Epilog or something.

1 Like

I see the same sorts of arguments with people who poo-poo the Tormach mill I use because its rapids are limited to 120 ipm while their Mori-Sekei can do 1,000 ipm. For a hobby, though, the Tormach and its kin make a lot more financial sense and few of my projects could benefit substantially from faster rapids. For the pro there is no doubt that the high end mills make far more sense.

2 Likes

Garsh that looks familiar, '56-'60? oh, wait is that the pickup? I had a '60 wagon for a little while.

well the body, anyway. Mine was a frankenstein with a K5 frame and running gear, and liked to catch fire if you used the heater. Yours looks like it is actually clean, original, and (most importantly) still in one piece!

14 Likes