Pre-Release | I am Groot

Max I can do currently is ~140mm/s or 8509mm/min.

6 Likes

We have quite a bit of work here in the hopper for post-ship, too.

You can manually adjust the settings for Proofgrade material if you’ve got something special in mind.

In the manual, we recommend using grey for the darkest color as a workaround for now.

I’m working on a project right now reproducing an 18th-century paper cut to frame for home - it uses heavyweight paper but it looks amazing.

19 Likes

Ah I must have an older revision. Thought I had found a new trick lol =P

3 Likes

Great. That’s what I thought but couldn’t point to a post.

It might mitigate @rpegg’s concerns about minimum power allowed for his use case.

1 Like

I can confirm that you can over-ride default settings. The score function (really just a low power high speed
is somewhat mixed, can make it 1% power but with 197 in/min speed max at the moment, it cuts deeper on the corners, especially on the less dense materials. This is a work in progress per Dan’s comments.

cut) [quote=“takitus, post:57, topic:4555”]
cork, foam, cedar
[/quote]
It’s like the denim. very low resolution for engraving and low power high speed. Makes sense for cork. Was going to give it a go at cutting to back some leather coasters.

8 Likes

I assume they will be tweaking for some time. My concern was less about minimum power as it was about head speed. I can see no reason why the GF minimum power wouldn’t be similar to other 40 watt lasers. But the current restrictions on head speed have the same effect. Not entirely confident that increasing head speeds enough might not get tangled up with inertia related engraving quality. We can only wait and see. Reckon that’s what they’re paid to solve.

5 Likes

Round the corners. In the design. Just a little. Then try it…good tutorial idea. :relaxed:

6 Likes

It should be able to accelerate a lot faster along X than Y. So raster engraves should be OK but cuts and scores along the Y axis might be a problem. It might have to take a run at it. So instead of slowing to take a corner it would turn off the beam, overshoot and then come back at speed in another direction and turn the beam on where it crosses where it turned it off. That would reduce the work area though.

Pure conjecture as never any official info of problems but if it is in the hopper then it must not be straight forward.

3 Likes