Pre-Release | Mega City One

Seriously, you need to stop being so awesome. It looks so good, Nerd cred +1!

5 Likes

Is the acrylic one painted to look metallic?

2 Likes

that really looks fantastic. I’ll have to do a Raccoon City PD badge…

7 Likes

Holy moly, that’s incredible! Just think what you could do for heraldry and family crests and such.

3 Likes

The golden one is GF-made or just a reference?

2 Likes

Oh nice…love me some Dredd. :smiley:

1 Like

Ooooo, I don’t know what I like better – the wooden one or the acrylic one. They are both too awesome!

2 Likes

This looks AWESOME!

So… I don’t remember how to get a depth map in Blender. Tips?

2 Likes

That’s not Dredd.

1 Like

I was Dredding that…

3 Likes
8 Likes

Yeah – I lean toward Karl Urban – although if you’ve read the graphic novels, Sly is pretty true to the character…

The trouble with this one is it requires a 3D model to start with. Lots of folks will want to take a photo or illustration and turn it into a 3D engraving. It’s doable with some of the design tools (AI & Corel) but it’s not easy at all and painfully difficult to get precise. I’d expect there is going to be a clamoring for help with that once the bulk of production rollouts start.

I posted a brief tutorial somewhere in some thread a long time ago about manually making depth maps. It’s around here somewhere.

2 Likes

You ARE the LAW!!

So the top image is reference? And not brass colored acrylic or painted?

The top image isn’t the same item as the engraved item. Probably from Google. The design is different.

Aah, I see the difference in the shield now. Thank you.

Shhhhhh!!! I was hoping/trying to keep that quite as I know a large group of individuals (customer base) who would love for their Coat of Arms to be engraved.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the finished badge

1 Like