Pre Release | Stencils

Nice! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well that works great!

1 Like

And with the GF you could make a stamp for your logo if you wanted to switch things up!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very high on my to-do list.

2 Likes

The e-Brush system is very gentleā€¦plus the bags are flatā€¦very nicešŸ˜„ certain thin inks tend to bead on mylar stencils so paper is a good choiceā€¦

5 Likes

Oh now I can get my Fiskars Fuse out when my :glowforge: arrived :rofl:

2 Likes

Update: I bought some stencil material from @smcgathyfay and it works great! So far Iā€™ve only tried the 10 mil but it seems to cut better with less (really, no) balling up of waste material on the cut edges compared to the stuff I was using from Amazon. She sends out really fast too!

edit: removed settings because they are no longer valid.

11 Likes

Hi, Stephanie!!

In addition to Mylar, I see you also cut decals. Are you use using a vinyl cutter or a laser? Iā€™ve been trying to locate some nonPVC, laser safe ā€˜vinylā€™ sticker material. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your time and expertise.

Jeff

Vinyl cutter for the vinyl. Havenā€™t found a comparable product for lasering in either price or qualityā€¦

Thatā€™s what I figured. Just thought I should ask in case. Have a great day

1 Like

There are some non-pvc, polyester-based adhesive films available from Orofol, Avery, and 3M.

The Envision series from 3M is a printable* non-PVC wrap product, Avery Dennison has the SF-series in clear, white, and metalized, and Orofol has the polyester 351 series (graphic film) and 352 series (printable*).

Grantedā€¦ there may be other hazards from these films besides PVC, but at least the Avery SF and Orofol 351 appear to simply be a polyester face with an acrylic-based adhesive.

As always, though, check the msds and/or contact the manufacturer to be certain.

_* printable with an eco-solvent, solvent, UV, or latex printer, or by screen-printing. No good for common desktop inkjet printers.

10 Likes

Awesome. How do we go about ordering? Thanks, ā€Samā€