Pre-Release: Trace saves the BBQ

sure?

my point is that it’s not quite the same thing as simply assuming paper is a display right now.

sadly true. but a guy can dream of some day can’t he?

i guess, but i mean most of that sort of technology is already here. it’s unlikely you’re going to see a book composed of individual screens any time in the next few decades (as a shipping product, not some one-off project) because it’s a waste of resources. the whole great thing about tablets is that you can display all sorts of stuff with one “page”.

1 Like

all the tablets I’ve held are just so heavy compared to the magazine and far lower resolution. Those I think are the things I personally really want fixed while getting battery life to maintain the image indefinitely without burn in just seems like a dream.

i’m not sure what tablets you’re holding, then; the only real difference is size. you can get an ipad mini (there are other options; this is merely the easiest to quote. i also have a tab s of similar approximate weight) that weighs less than 300g. using a paperweight calculator i found online and an average magazine paper weight of 90gsm, i estimate that a 50 page magazine should weigh around 281g, barring differences in cover material, inserts, etc. that’s really close, and these days, tablets have exceptionally high resolution - i’m pretty picky, but national geographic looks and reads great on modern digital displays (especially since isn’t print standard something like 300ppi when doing desktop publishing? digital is basically there).

this will only get better and better from here on out.

wow the future is here.

amen brother