Premium - Icon tips!

Say you need something with strawberries…

• On the Dashboard, choose Create, New blank design.
  • Click on the + to add artwork.
  • Type “strawberries” in the search box and click Search.

• Click the star below any you might be interested in. Continue to do this as you scroll down.
  • On your last choice, click on the strawberry, not the star. That one will show up on the GFUI.
  • Click again on the + to see all your starred strawberry choices in your favorites. Add them one by one to the GFUI, unclicking the stars as you go.

• Click on the menu 3 dots and choose Export design.

A new window will open. Right-click, Save as, and name your file ‘strawberries.svg’.

You can open this file in your program of choice. Ungroup till you get the individual sets and decide which ones to keep or discard. Much easier to see and work with!

If you decide you need an outline around one image - easy to do.
Delete the other ones from the current open file.
With your cursor, draw a large square around your icon so you don’t accidentally loose any parts of it.

• Choose outline.
  • Create new outline. I changed mine to 0.15.
  • Through the menu, export this design.

Open in your program - I used Inkscape. In order to make the ornament, I used Ungroup, then used Union on just the outline with the ornament and then moved the strawberries back.

53 Likes

Thank you very much and y’all I think we have another @Jules in the making…

6 Likes

Not quite! Her shoes are too big to fill~ :athletic_shoe: :relieved:

7 Likes

Thank you. This will absolutely save me time.

3 Likes

Huh that is interesting. I don’t see a way to do this via the noun project website. Nice trick.

5 Likes

Kewlest of ideas! Those ornaments are very slick! And not something I’d have thought of! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

5 Likes

Great, quick, tutorial. I wish I had something like this when I first had my machine. I was super green back then and it would have taken me ages to create something so cute.

I might need something with a cute mouse or a lizard (both are equally cute in my book). :thinking:

4 Likes

I can see those!
I needed some strawberry items for a friend who owns a strawberry field for picking as well as does strawberry research at the uni I retired from.

5 Likes

these are awesome!

2 Likes

Nice write-up!! Not to mention your project looks awesome!

3 Likes

This is how I like to go shopping for images too.

It is so much easier to bring the items into AI and do what I want rather than play in the GFUI.

3 Likes

Great write up, makes my process much quicker than what i was doing!

1 Like

Thanks, @vegandarwin, @ptodd, and @rvogt!

1 Like

I know right! Our minds sometimes think alike… :rofl:

3 Likes

For she’s a jolly good lady
For she’s a jolly good lady
For she’s a jolly good lady———
Which nobody can deny!!

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Great tip.

1 Like

I wonder if even the premium membership in TNP website lets you scrape svgs en masse like this.

So instead of making up go through the UI, how about letting us multiselect TNP assets and export them in a nice zip of svgs? That’s something of value and keeps us out of the overhead of loading the UI and exporting it all. Seems to be win-win.

2 Likes

Very smart. How did you discover that trick?

2 Likes

Just playing around thinking there has got to be an easier way than typing in the same search term every time…

2 Likes

That is a great tip that I would have never thought of, thank you.

2 Likes