Say you need something with strawberries…
- On the Dashboard, choose Create, New blank design.
- Click on the + to add artwork.
- Type “strawberries” in the search box and click Search.
- Click the star below any you might be interested in. Continue to do this as you scroll down.
- On your last choice, click on the strawberry, not the star. That one will show up on the GFUI.
- Click again on the + to see all your starred strawberry choices in your favorites. Add them one by one to the GFUI, unclicking the stars as you go.
- Click on the menu 3 dots and choose Export design.
A new window will open. Right-click, Save as, and name your file ‘strawberries.svg’.
You can open this file in your program of choice. Ungroup till you get the individual sets and decide which ones to keep or discard. Much easier to see and work with!
If you decide you need an outline around one image - easy to do.
Delete the other ones from the current open file.
With your cursor, draw a large square around your icon so you don’t accidentally loose any parts of it.
- Choose outline.
- Create new outline. I changed mine to 0.15.
- Through the menu, export this design.
Open in your program - I used Inkscape. In order to make the ornament, I used Ungroup, then used Union on just the outline with the ornament and then moved the strawberries back.