Preorder deal for replacement laser tube and/or air filter?

Giggles…

3 Likes

When I worked at a local business telephone systems place, our normal UPS guy had like 25-30 years in. He had like 6 weeks vacation, 4 weeks worth of sick time, and yeah, the one time there was a costly mistake(ours not his but our boss was a miserly man who didn’t wanna eat the cost/lose the sale) he kept a low profile for a 2-3 weeks and by then his bosses had other people to watch.

2 Likes

Aside from upper management, the golden goose of UPS is the driver. The wait-list to be a driver is something like 5 years and you have to have a 100% perfect driving record. But once you’re in, there is no ceiling on wages, so some drivers have crazy vacation and sick time accrual, and anyone with that amount of time in likely is making six figures.

Also the UPS pilots are a pretty coveted position. If they have to wait to take off for any reason, the pilots get paid some crazy amount… like $5k for every minute that they aren’t moving… could be an internal urban legend, but I thought I heard it from multiple sources including management.

2 Likes

Is this for the ones who are actually employees? Around here it seems there are a lot of seasonal “contractors” who don’t do so well.

1 Like

Maybe. I think different locations deal with things differently (franchises maybe?), and they certainly bring in temp drivers (and all other kinds of employees) for the holiday shipping rush.