Prepping for the catalog

Just finished this afternoon. Still taking photos and writing up the stuff to submit to the catalog. This was a single piece of black Proofgrade leather that I won in a drawing…which I believe was going to be offered in the shop, but it never came about. Too bad…it’s very fine stuff. I have no idea why they pulled it back.

Oh…no banana. It’s about 7" W x 4.75"

44 Likes

That is beautiful.

Side note, I also got some of that leather, but Glowforge told me they had determined it wasn’t safe so not to use it. ??? CORRECTION. Glowforge said it wasn’t printing as they expected. They didn’t say it was unsafe. I dug through my email and found their notice.

17 Likes

Oh my, that is so elegant! I hope it is accepted in the catalog, I’d love to make it.

9 Likes

No banana no problem, the card gives a good scale. Nice stitching on that! I like that catch too. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

That looks elegant.

And @geek2nurse has your covered: Banana

12 Likes

Well…hmmm. I don’t know what they expected, but it worked just fine for me. It still picked up the barcode for the settings. I even looked in the shop before posting this to make sure… because I had not bought any leather from GF in a long time so didn’t want to mistate the facts.

Have you not used yours yet?

Methinks they dost expect too much. :grin:

12 Likes

Beautiful!

9 Likes

Stylish and refined! Nice work on the stitching.

PG ply for the clasp?

9 Likes

Most excellent!

8 Likes

That really is phenomenal! Great work overall!!!

9 Likes

Wonderful work you have done! I hope it sells well for you!

9 Likes

Very nice design! The clasp looks like a high-end designer signature. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This turned out really nice. Very classy!

7 Likes

I hope it gets in the catalog soon! I need something like that to hold all of my credit cards. My current holder won’t clasp if it has more than 10 cards in it. Hmm…maybe I shouldn’t have so many cards! But that turned out awesome. Great job!

7 Likes

yes…cherry.

7 Likes

I wonder if those high-end people come up with their designs the same way I did…by accident. It was a text letter that when tweaked became the clasp. Ha ha!

12 Likes

I too received one of those test pieces of leather - mine is a gorgeous coffee brown color, my sister would love. She can do the sewing… so I hope your design gets accepted!

7 Likes

Your new space has your creative juices flowing! Really nice! Hope it gets accepted into the catalog quickly!

8 Likes

What a lovely purse! Wouldn’t that clasp look cool in mirrored acrylic? Or neon pink.

9 Likes

Yes! Or…fluorescent green? Made this green one as my final test piece.

21 Likes