Pretty disappointing day

Between the UPS mishandling, finding transpo across town twice, and then my GF won’t even turn on… I’m gonna have to say today sucked.

I will say that @Rita was very helpful in providing solutions as best as can be done right now. Still the biggest bummer of my year thus far. :pensive:

17 Likes

Don’t worry.

You’re new GF will be out the door and on your doorstep in a flash. I know from experience, when they need to replace a unit they get 'r done ASAP.

7 Likes

I’m hoping so. **heavy sighs as the Smiths plays in the background.

13 Likes

So sorry! This has been a roller-coaster ride for you today for sure. :frowning:

2 Likes

Especially considering that I got coworkers to pick up the next three days of my schedule just so I could work with the GF. Now I’m losing money for nothing…

2 Likes

Oh no! Well you are going to have to make them all some cool custom stuff. Hope your new 'forge is there before you know it…

yeah, sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. It’s just after waiting so long, this is just a really craptastic start.

4 Likes

I think you’re handling it pretty gracefully tbh… after the day you’ve had!

1 Like

Reboxed faster than it took to unbox it. :sob:

7 Likes

It’s not like it needs to survive the trip back at least.
I’m sure they will take care of you quickly!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it, but at least you know that you are at the top of the priority list right now.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the day mate, what a bummer.

Take The Smiths up a notch (unless it is ‘The Queen is Dead’) with Joy Division to really set the mood right

2 Likes

The Smiths and Joy Division are daily constants in my life, honestly.

2 Likes

Preaching to the converted!
Add She Wants Revenge and The Cure (pre-‘Bloodflowers’) to that mix and we are set on my end

1 Like

So sorry! I hope the fix is fast for you!

I misinterpreted the expansion for “GF” the first time I read this and thought that’s a bit TMI, but yeah that’s a pretty disappointing day.

5 Likes

That really stinks :frowning: If it’s any consolation, as soon as your 'forge gets back to our office, we’re going to tear it down to see what broke and make sure that we do everything in our control to ensure it never happens again. Your 'forge died so that others may live!

33 Likes

That is both grim and amusing at the same time. :smile:

6 Likes

If you’re playing The Smiths, then everything is contractually obligated dysfunction. Change the music…

I’d love to know specifically what the problem was, actually. Even if it involves some NDA.