Print Stopped Unable to Complete Print - Unusually Load Motor Ramp-up before Print

This just started happening today. When my Glowforge starts to print, the motor ramps up Unusually Load from the back left side of the machine and then Fails to print, with te following message. (see screenshot below)

It sounds like something is preventing the two rubber conveyor belts (one on each side of the machine) from allowing free and easy movement. After the print fails, if you try moving the laser head backwards or forwards on the conveyor belts, it’s very difficult and there is no easy movement…almost like a parking brake is on in a car and you try to start driving. Once the machine is turned off and you try doing the same backwards and forwards movement of the laser head…it moves FREELY.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks,

Keith

Glowforge%20-%20Error%20on%20Printing

I believe that’s the exhaust fan spinning up? Mine just started spinning up to full before it moved the head.

You shouldn’t be able to move the head while the power is on without effort. That’s normal. As is being able to move it freely with the power off. You shouldn’t move the head with the power on, unless instructed to. It will lose the calibration point and result in your prints being off and/or head crashes.

Have you tried a default catalog print like the Gift of Good Measure?

3 Likes

I got an unusually load sound in that same area. It turned out to be a gunked -up exhaust fan. After cleaning it really well, the sound went away.

1 Like

May I safely assume that spell check is substituting load for loud?

1 Like

Came to report the exact same problem. I send the job, press the blinking start button, fan ramps to what sounds to be much faster than normal, then the shuts down with the error noted above.

To follow up on the suggestions above. I checked the fan, it is not obstructed and generates plenty of outward airflow on the exhaust port. Attempted to print “Gift of Good Measure”, experienced the exact same problem.

1 Like

@chris.gohlke, if you are experiencing the same issue, you’ll want to create a new thread here in Problems and Support so that it starts your own ticket for it.

(The support team can get an accurate count of similar problems that way.)

3 Likes

Must be. I know I typed loud. I think.

Thanks for the suggestion @Jules

1 Like

No problem! (Hope they figure it out quick!) :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.